I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Post-RAI

it's been a week after i had my RAI treatment and i still feel as hyperthyroid as i am. i have been reading forums and quite understand that it may take months for the hormones to adjust so the effect of the treatment won't be that adversed. i still feel tired and sleepy in the morning (i work very early morning shift which may have been the reason why). i am just thankful that i did not spend a dime for my treatment because my health insurance took care of my 24-hour hospitalization. it was kinda hefty when i checked the receipt 'cuz it took almost P16k for everything which is not cheap if you cash it out for a 24 hour stay at the hospital. the treatment if i read it right (as per my PhilHealth papers) stated it was only around P3k+ then my hospital room was almost 2k (covered by my company's health insurance) and i think the doctor's fee was the enormous one, about P11-12k++ wow. i wish i am a doctor right now.  
my endocrinologist did not prescribe anything except for my usual calcium supplement called Calvit Gold™ (which i have been taking for roughly 6 months now) along with my other multivitamins.


so far no changes with how i feel except i no longer go to the toilet as frequent, my throat (where the thyroid is located) is still a little hollow although not as hollow as it was when i came back from the hospital a week ago. i think it even looked swollen during the first few days as if i have goiter but i don't, it's just the swelling caused by the radiation. there's difficulty coughing because i can feel that it kinda hurts where my thyroid is whenever there's a pressure due to coughing although not alarming since i am aware that my thyroid was technically scarred as a result of dissolving the overactive tissues.  
i still feel quite hungry but not as hungry prior to RAI. i know sometimes i mistake my hormonal surges from my hyperthyroidism. other than that all is well. my sister and i will be starting our 1 week detox program. it might help me with my constipation now (maybe a sign of hypothyroidism) which i think is also the result of not eating high on fiber foods.  i also read that it's a good way to help flush out toxins especially after RAI.  i will blog how it goes. so cheers!






0 comments:

Post a Comment