I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Changi's Aerotel Transit Hotel: A Review


Aerotel Transit Hotel
located in the transit area/ airport restricted area, the hotel is located near boarding gate D41 in Terminal 1.

Directions
Level 3, Departure Transit Lounge (above Gate D41), Terminal 1, Singapore Changi Airport

Location Aerotel (Transit Area, Terminal 1)
Service M Room (Twin)
Date March 05, 2017
Time 1600
Quantity 1
Total $76.00 USD

My sister and I had a difficult time finding Aerotel because we hopped from T3 to T1 via Changi’s Skytrain and Changi is so vast so my only landmark was the escalator and boarding gate D41. We reached Aerotel at around 4:30PM for our supposed 4PM reservation (6hours). We were already tired from walking and almost on the verge of giving up when I finally saw gate D40, my guiding light and from there we took the escalator and there it was, just right across from the escalator. The reservation was under my name but my sister gave the receptionist her passport (because we’re already both confused as to who’s reservation it was since we had tons of them during our trip, we hopped from one hotel to another) so I said it was my reservation thus handed the guy at the front desk my passport, he asked for our boarding pass, offset our check in time to 4:30PM since we came in pretty late (check out at 10:30PM instead of 10PM)  gave us our keycard then instructed us to take the door with ‘EXIT’ sign to get to our room.  The hallway was really cozy, it was dimly lit and looked far more different than the other transit hotels we’ve been. We were assigned to Room 25 and you just have to tap your card (facing the wifi sign) towards the door to get in. 

Amenities
Our room was really cozy and fully equipped with basic amenities: hair dryer, toiletries such as dental kits (toothpaste & toothbrush), shower cap and hand soap. I just thought it was weird though that the shampoo is also the body wash lol. The room is also equipped with tea making facilities (coffee, tea, sugar, creamer as usual), slippers and the classic bottles of distilled water which all hotels provide regardless. They do not have any bath tub but I love that the bath area have glass enclosures. The room did not come with a fridge neither which was ok since the hotel’s purpose is primarily for layovers and short stays as they go by hours, not nightly rate. I just did not like though that they do not have a hand-held bidet in the toilet. 

Aerotel is also spanking new, the room was spotless and very cozy. I love that they have tons of wall outlets to charge our electronic gadgets. We slept soundly for couple of hours just to recharge then woke up at 7PM to get ready, prep up for our flight back to Manila. If only we could stay longer we would because Aerotel is so nice and clean and so quiet too, perfect for light sleepers. I also noticed they do not have windows which I guess was done on purpose. 

Will I go back to Aerotel Transit Hotel for future layovers? Yes of course. I would rate it as a 9 out of 10. I hope our very  own NAIA would come up with our version of Aerotel someday.




If you like my videos please hit like & subscribe! 👍🏼






0 comments:

Post a Comment