I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

all is well

our cat is recuperating well so far after his return from the vet a couple of weeks ago and that's  definitely a good news. 

moving on, just to share my recent trip to the endocrinologist. he  prescribed this calcium supplement called Calvit™Gold to address my muscle cramps and it definitely worked wonders. my blood test showed i am now hypothyroid as a result of over medication for hyperthyroid when i was still with my previous endocrinologist. now, my new endocrinologist explained that my TSH level is still ok because it is still below the alarming level which is 30 so the half is 15 (mine is just at 12). if my TSH is 15 and above that will urgently call for medication. So, my endoc's conclusion is that i refrain from taking thyroid medicines for now and let the side effects from my previous meds (tapdin & inderal) subside while i continue taking my calcium supplement Calvit™Gold every Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays instead of the usual daily intake before dinner time. I was advised that, i come back by the end of October to see how it goes that, it's either i go back to being hyperthyroid; normal again not hyper OR be hypo for good and i fervently hope not because slow metabolism would mean difficulty losing weight. i wanna go back to wearing my old clothes again dear god :( anyways, like i have a choice as it is hereditary in my case so i guess i just have to deal with it and hope for the best. 

so, my sister and i resorted to dieting as usual and started climbing stairs as a form of work out. the good thing was the new flat we're renting happened to be closed to the grotto so we have this urge to climb up all the 250 stairs.

my sister and i recently found how enjoyable it is to buy stuff from the local wet market than shopping inside the confides of air-conditioned grocery stores because of how cost effective it was.  i despise going to wet markets before but after i realized how much of a big saving it was, i thought, a trip to the local wet market isn't bad.

since the local market is close to just about everything (transportation and restaurants), a place for chow time has never been this convenient. my sister and i often eat at the rainbow café  walking distance from the local wet market. we usually order their best seller called rainbow rice which is an amalgamation of white rice topped with sunny side up egg, tons of veggies (chopsuey), lechon cuts and steamed chicken for only 75php. you can either pair it with brewed coffee or hot cocoa for additional 20php. the place is nostalgic because my family used to eat there when i was young.

NEW READ:

Let's Pretend This Never Happened 
by Jenny Lawson

i've been reading quite a few pages and i've been laughing my heart out. i'll blog about the book when i'm done. au revoir for now.



0 comments:

Post a Comment