I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

i am radioactive.

    I am currently at the hospital as i am writing this bloggie finally (after it was re-scheduled today instead of last week) for my Radioactive Iodine treatment. i asked for RAI from my endoc because i am tired of going to the the doctor everytime and take medications yadda yadda. i just want to be well, illness-free for next month for me and my sister's birthday vacay. 


i have never been at the hospital since i was little due to diarrhea. i was well until i was diagnosed hyperthyroid. i hate the heart race, the throbs and the nervousness. i know it's hereditary but i think my resorting to fast way to lose weight might have triggered it because i did take numerous scary dietary products from brazillian coffee, orang juice to metathione. i DID lose weight but this is the drawback i guess, i was diagnosed hyperthyroid a year ago. not that i'm not aware of but things fire back if you didn't lose weight through exercise and proper eating i should say so myself. 

when people get older they get more prone and susceptible to medical conditions which of course i know is affected by their lifestyle primarily. we pretty much get a dose of our own medicine. 

i will be isolated for 24 houra and go home tomorrow with further precautionary measures such as keeping my distance from people most especially kids and pregnant women. my clothes should be segregated from others for a week. frequent showers preferred and drink lots of water so that the radioactive stuff gets flushed. i know this isn't normal. i am not normal neither thus the need for this alien thing.

i promised myself after this to detox and continue to eat clean so i would be well for my birthday vacay to cambodia next month. i don't wanna bring with me medicines except for vitamins in the plane. that would be really weird for me. 

anyways, good thing i have a health insurance provided for by my job which would pay for my hospitalization. so, i opted for a semi suite private room since i rarely get sick eh? i deserve it duh. 

i hope all is well because i hate being at the hospital ang answering questions regarding my condition repetitively haist. i don't know why i have to do so. i wish they keep tabs of my condition and just freakin' post it outside my hospiral bedroom's door. i think i may have answered the same questions over and over for the nth time now. gadh. good thing there's cable tv here and i have my unlimited mobile internet access to keep me company. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment