I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

back for good


it's been roughly a couple of weeks since my sister and i got back from our vacay and i can't forget the fact that down south is no home for me anymore because of the fire hot climate down there. i just can't endure the heat any longer.

i can't wait for another trip out of the country cuz i really enjoyed siem reap despite the hot weather or should i say i also failed to bring light clothing thus my body wasn't able to combat the warmth there. 

i thought that if ever i'll go back living down south, i need to live in an air-conditioned house and not commute to work because that damn heat is a killer. how sad that i lived all my life in hot weathers but i can't believe it that the heat seems to suffocate me now. what has happened? climatic changes can be severely alarming. i guess it's that big hole in our ozone layer that's causing it. not enough layers anymore to protect some parts of the world from the extreme waves of the sun. i began to appreciate living here up north despite life's simplicity here. i guess it's the cold. i really love the cold up here.

moving on, it was mother's day last sunday and this is the first time my family celebrated it without our mom. it's sad but i just tell myself every time that she's in a way better place now and that she still looks after me and my family all this time. my sister and i was able to get off from work very early than usual last mother's day which was i guess in god's grace and so as my mom's. we dine it at this pasta place with a friend and afterwards headed off to the church where our mom's urn is rested. we bought her this callalily bouquet for a change since my sister said she hasn't seen one in our mom's garden yet. we were both happy as soon as the bouquet sat there. what a beauty. a special flower for a special woman. Belated happy mother's day. i know our mom is happy to see that my sister and is back travelling.


so, i guess were looking for our next stop. my sister suggested Japan perhaps next year. but before that we need to save up again as we work to travel! i just love travelling and getting to see people from different walks of life. the nomad in me. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment