I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, December 23, 2016

Sleigh Bells Ring

And it's one day to go before Christmas so let me just say ho ho ho!  Christmas will just swing by really because I (unfortunately) will be working on an effin Christmas day. How good is that yeah? Looking at the bright side of life, it'll be double pay so I'll be few days frigging richer I guess (whimper, snicker, snort though) on my next payday so cheers. It's been so cold lately and my being a Hypothyroid does not make me much of a happy camper because if it's cold for normal people then I may feel close to hypothermia lol. Seriously, the biting cold can be a bit uncomfortable for me at times that I need to make sure I'll be warm this coldest time of the year.

Anyways, I'm still hoping and yearning I would be able to get off early from work tomorrow for NocheBuena as it'll be unboxing day for me and my kins supposedly and I meant that literally because we'll be unwrapping presents  when the clock ticks midnight to Christmas day and If that's not gonna happen I won't fret because it is what it is. Let me just add that I truly enjoy wrapping presents for some inexplicable reason. I'm not the person who love presents from people, I love to put a present together because I get to use my creativity and all. What can I say, crafting is such an enjoyable and stress free past time which is best applied during this joyous time of the year. I love the color gold, jute twines and doilies in putting together my Christmas presents, they're just really nifty.

Holiday DIY Project...

The Christmas season inspired me to create something creative and colorful so I came up adorning a tin can with some of my crocheted ear warmer overruns. I just patched them altogether with glue stick and I hope I was able to channel bohemian-hippie-nifty-shabby chic. I got addicted to it after I saw them beautifully coming together like a piece of puzzle. The effort was real though because I had to make those little crocheted pieces in varying colors to fill in the gaps and avoid the aluminum tin from showing until I just felt lazy. Nevertheless, it went well I think. 

Truth of the matter is, spending Christmas at work can be really heartbreaking and given the chance I would rather watch movies at home, sip hot cocoa or tea, listen to Christmas songs, eat, chitchat with the family etcetera than get paid double because money just can't buy happiness, I'd rather indulge in life's simple pleasures. 

(segues to 'I'll Be Home' by Meghan Trainor song)




0 comments:

Post a Comment