I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Peregrinate

images from Pinterest
I reckoned this year would be our travel year and so it is. My sister and I cooked up another overseas trip for our birthday yey! This time around we’re headed to Pattaya (Thailand). It was actually a toss between Chiang Mai and Pattaya but the latter eventually won because we really want to see Pattaya's famous wooden temple called The Sanctuary of Truth. We also had this crazy idea of heading to Chiang Mai while in Thailand so we could hit two birds with one stone but we don't want to spend so much time on a bus while we could do so much with so little time. Our experience in Myanmar taught us one important lesson: do not spend so much time in transit as it has reduced our time for sight-seeing and cultural immersion, our bad really. So, this time we decided to spend 3 days in Pattaya first then the rest of the week back in Bangkok, at least we could still travel to couple of locations in one country yeah? 

But wait there's more...

my new travel buddy: The Snap with free zigzag insert. 
A passport holder/wallet/organizer in one from 
@keepitmnl for Php1,080 a piece🤘🏼😍  
My sister, out of the blue, told me the other day about Yogyakarta (Indonesia) which is another one of those places she's rooting for us to visit soon which of course I'm totally game for since we both love to hop from one place to another and experience a totally different culture. This is the advantage of having a twin sib as well, we pretty much enjoy the same stuff and we travel as a team, I am the compass (I have a talent for tracking) and my sister, she plans our itinerary (she's good with research which I do not have very much patience for except she could count on me in checking the proximity of this place from our hotel etc. through google maps) then, we just argue and bicker when we get there if there's any mishap lol. Yogyakarta though is still in the works 'cuz I want to take the train from Jakarta (to marvel at Yogya's beauty by land) whilst my sister would like to take the plane to save time and get to Yogya as soon as we land in Jakarta. Anyways, we'll see how it goes then. For me, all I want is to see both sunrise and sunset hopefully in one of those Yogya temples I read about online.



0 comments:

Post a Comment