I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Yuletide Is Coming

ctto intothefoldmag.com
It’s officially 88 days to go before Christmas and I have already decked the halls couple of weeks ago for the holiday season. So, am I excited our what?  I love the holiday season because of how festive everything seems to be. Once your home is adorned with colorful home decors in gold, red, white, green then there’s no more explaining to do, yuletide is coming. 

One of the perks of living in a predominantly Christian country is that we have all sorts of festivities from Mama Mary’s birthday, some Saint’s day, Three Kings, New Years day and the list goes on and on which we of course attribute to the Spanish occupation here in the country. Christmas doesn’t have to be very luxurious and overly festive though because it’s best to celebrate it through sharing, giving and simplicity. Let’s always remember to be sensitive to our neighbors and avoid the flashy things or use Christmas as a display of social class because if that’s what you want then it defeats the purpose of celebrating this season. I personally couldn’t care less if I get a present this Christmas because I’m not big on those things, I just like wrapping presents for others and not expecting anything in return because if I want something I save up for it or jot it down on my little wish lists for myself. 

magnitude 7.1 Mexico earthquake
last September 19, 2017; photo
courtesy of google images
Sad news from across the globe...
My heart also goes out to the victims of the recent earthquake in Mexico, it’s just sad to hear heart wrenching news like these especially now the yuletide season is coming. If you have a big heart and is looking to donate to the Mexico earthquake victims you may also refer to this online article published in NY Times. 

Speaking of compassion, I just recently became a fan of this Youtube channel called Vet Ranch which aim is to fix stray, abandoned and injured animals so they could later on find their forever homes. The proceeds from viewer donations goes to fund animal surgeries and purchase clinic supplies. Vet Ranch also include the surgery process, all the bloody stuff (literally) in the video because they also aim to encourage future vets. I’m just sad YouTube demonetized some of their videos since advertisers wouldn’t want gross stuff which means Vet Ranch will not get paid for those videos (which sucks because if you omit the bloody clips then the real essence of what Vet Ranch is all about gets omitted as well).  To address this Dr. Matt (the vet and owner of Vet Ranch) came up with both the edited and unedited version just so YouTube monetize them. Yeah, business as usual. I am not in any way paid to promote Vet Ranch btw, I am an animal lover myself and a fan of the channel (being a cat momma and co-owner of four dogs) that’s why I’m saying this. I believe the channel deserve more than roughly 2M subscribers and views that’s all. Anyways, if you’re an animal lover and advocate please subscribe to Vet Ranch, it’s very informative. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment