I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Sunday, July 14, 2019

July.


Hello July! Why does it feels like summer all of a sudden whilst it’s supposedly rainy season already? I have been busy with what I love doing the most, crocheting and baking and make money out of it.

When I was still working for corporations, I never got the chance to explore my talents nor travel to my heart's content. My world just evolved around work, commute and sleep back then because I worked graveyard shifts for the most part of my yuppie life until I just woke up one day and told myself what the hell am I doing with my life, to hell with it, quit my job and decided to travel Southeast Asia because I was burn out being part of the workforce irregardless of the money I was making back then. I hated the jobs I had during my 14 staggered years of working for BPO companies and every job is just the same. It just came into a point wherein I’m just waiting for payday (after payday, after payday ...) and I lacked a lot of sleep.

I decided to work out at one point, did boxing for a change but it did not help to pull me out of my misery. I went to another place with my sister, my always partner in crime, for a change of scenery and fresh air because the city life might be the reason why I’m so burn out, new workplace, yet again but things did not change until I finally told myself enough is enough and I’m done packed my bags and off we went wander-lusting in Asia (if such word even exists).

Traveling has always been wonderful because I get to learn new things from the places I’ve been, realized I am good at navigating or reading trains maps which I never thought I could do because I was stuck inside an office with dividers during an 8-hour shift. I also hated mingling because I am an introvert which many people probably do not know about ‘cuz I’m always so calm and steady. I can be with people because I have to no matter how mentally and physically taxing it was just merely socializing. Anyway, moving on, what’s the point of this blog? All I want to say is that if you have a choice don’t endure doing the things that you don’t like doing, don’t fade away because when you get older all you can do is look back. If you want to travel just go for it for as long as you have means or you simply want change then take a chance because once you’re old and weary you don't wanna look back and regret the things you should've done. I'm a form believer of the saying life is what we make it, adventure always awaits you.

I miss traveling and I still have not retired the idea that I will come back traveling again one day if I get the time and chance and of course the budget for it. I miss looking at travel itineraries, hop a plane, eat new delicacies, endless train rides and odd theme parks, get lost somewhere and find my way out. I miss hotel hopping and booking a room and so on and so forth. I haven’t tried Air BnB because my sister and I were hotel hoppers and realized how much money we could’ve saved with if we opted for air BnB instead of hotel rooms. But for now, I’ll just take things easy and chill.




0 comments:

Post a Comment