I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Monday, August 19, 2019

Downpour


The abrupt rainy season is beginning to get into my nerves because I often need to hold off laundry day since nothing dries out anyway. When it starts to rain, it literally pours with splashing rainwater.

The only advantage of the rainy season is that I can deck out with the rain boots I kept in the rack for the longest period of time and dress warmly without having to worry about the sun peeking out any moment ‘cuz it’ll definitely rain the whole day long. I love the cold and the fog and sometimes I wish there’s snow so I have a reason to drink a lot of hot coffee/cocoa/tea but not the endless rain because I despise the sodden feeling.

Rainy days make me want to just stay home and crochet, bake or do whatever productive. Speaking of the rain, I saw tons of Tokyo umbrellas now being sold in my local 711 and it delights me because I have been yearning to have one for a long time now. The one that I got before was nowhere close to a Tokyo umbrella. It’s translucent with orange polka dots and screaming “SM” print on it geez. I want the ones that people in Japan really use thus explains why t’ was called as such. I have been in living in a high altitude city for nearly a decade now yet I never get used to seeing the fog fully blanketing the city and I’m forever in awe to see myself breath out smoke due to the cold climate more so when the temperature drops of course. The sight of pine trees never cease to amaze me because I hailed from the lowlands and suburbs with nothing but Mango trees and mostly  pollution from pretty much everything, noise, fumes, you name it, we pretty much have it. 

Moving on, I miss reading and I regret I haven’t read a book for quite a long time now and my current read is from nothing else but Lang Leav called ’Sea of Strangers.’ I guess longing for peace and quiet comes with age. All I want nowadays is to stay home more and binge-watch horror, Korean movies, and Netflix series. Speaking of Netflix series, I finished Stranger Things’ latest Season in one sitting whilst multi-tasking last month. I miss Game of Thrones of course because there’s nothing else like it anymore although I’m glad ‘The Haunting At Hill House’ will be back with a brand new season yey! Something new to look forward to for horror freaks like myself. I love Black Mirror Season 6 and I’m yearning for it’s the newest epi. The last epi I saw was the one with Miley Cyrus and t’ was alright but I liked the first couple of episodes prior though. I have tried marathon-ing ‘American Horror Stories’ (the latest season) but I got bored as hell no matter how scary it was or not my jam I guess. I’m into iFlix as well nowadays because they now have local indie flicks in their catalogs/selections which I thought was a brilliant idea as they are giving local indie flicks their chance to shine since most of them are way better than the mainstream ones or at least I thought because I am a fan on anything non-conventional. There’s a wide array of entertainment to choose from nowadays compared to what I grew up to, only AM/FM radio programs, noon-time variety shows and movies advertised on massive hand-painted billboards. Sometimes, it makes me wanna think because of today’s advancements with pretty much everything, have I time-traveled or what? Never in a million years have I imagined everyone will be this stoked with social media and the world wide web. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment