I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Hello To You October, What Did I Miss?


October for me is like a prelude to the Yuletide season because it’s literally just  a couple of months away from Christmas! I’m just sad that I didn’t have much going on this year because I was all caught up and busy managing my own business. I badly miss traveling and my feet are itching to hop a plane with my sister and just go on hiatus for a little while. Anyway, I hope it’s never too late travel geez.

As of the moment, we are keeping ourselves busy decking the halls for the holidays. This year, we chose Black, White & Gold and a little bit rustic for our holiday theme. Last year, t’was ‘Winter Wonderland’ with Blue, White & Silver accents which I think we were able to pull off well despite being on a budget LOL. I mean, if you can DIY then, make everything yourself and save yourselves a hefty amount of money buying Christmas decors. What matters is the Christmas spirit and when in doubt, there’s always Pinterest to guide you! The trick is, keep it simple and minimal because the more you add more accents, the difficult it is to decorate until it’s all deviated from what your theme is really all about. Again, keep it few, keep it minimal. 

But, before we go on fast forwarding to the holiday season, let’s not forget about Halloween, All Saints and All Souls’ Day, they always come first before we rejoice and be merry let’s not forget about our dearly departed ones as well. When I was a kid I always look forward to Halloween because of the spooky TV shows that are being aired only during Halloween such as ‘Mangandang Gabi Bayan.’ I  just love horror stories and I wonder why it’s never the same anymore? Those good old horror stories are always the spookiest!


0 comments:

Post a Comment