I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Sleigh Bells Ring

It's 21 days to go before Christmas and am I ready or what? Yes of course! In fact I'm all caught up shopping for Christmas prezzies online. I decided to shop for Christmas presents last month because I am well aware how difficult it is to go along with the holiday season rush and all and I don't want my presents to not make it on time for the 25th. I also took advantage of the discounted (some were free) shipping rates due to the recent online sale galore brought to us by most e-commerce sites (as if they don't do that every month e?) I still feel shopping online is the best way to elude the holiday rush plus I was able to find really and I mean really cheap gift items as opposed to shopping from actual shops. Oh I just hate it when people hog the malls aside from you could barely move due to the swarm of people also doing their early holiday shopping. 

We decorated our tree as early as the October because we already have a theme in mind as early as last year which gave us ample time to prepare and shop for ornaments (Black, White, Silver, Gold theme). It was just a bummer we did not shop for ornaments much early because it was quite a challenge for us to find Black Christmas balls and toppers and we did not anticipate that. Nevertheless, all still went well and we were able to pull off a simple (yet religious to the theme LOL) tree decors. 

It was just a little weird that our country was recently lashed by another strong typhoon (Tisoy) considering it's already December. It was a painful sight to watch on the news that lot of our countrymen were badly affected. My heart and prayers goes out to them. To compensate though, the country bagged and is still raking gold medals from the ongoing SEA games not just because the country is hosting the event but I guess our athletes feel at home with the support of family and friends just around the corner. As for me, win or lose, it's the spirit of sportsmanship that matters. Let's also show some love and support not just to our athletes but the players from other South East Asian countries. 

The holiday season is supposedly the most festive time of the year yet others are dealing with great deal of strife brought about by the recent nature's wrath that's why this year, we want our Christmas to be as minimal as possible and avoid overspending and anything 'unnecessary.' This year is also my second Christmas and New Year as vegan yey! I realized how much I could save just by renouncing meat from my diet. I mean it's always a pleasure to enjoy a guilt-free meal for Noche Buena (Christmas eve dinner) and Media Noche (NYE). My sister came up with our vegan menu this holiday season and we both decided to go for our usual faux/protein meat (made from Tofu). We will have vegan Aglio Oglio, Tofu Sweet & Sour, vegan BBQ steak whilst I will bake Lemon cake for dessert  for the first time yum! Of course I googled how to make vegan cake since I am already versed with vegan cookies. I also already positioned all my presents for the family incognito literally underneath our Christmas tree! I just stuffed those boxes that sissy placed underneath the tree (the 'fake gifts' ones for aesthetic purposes) so no one would know hopefully that they're not empty hihi. Traveling isn't really feasible this year because the holidays is the busiest time of the year and we both have no big team yet to handle the till while we're both away (whimper). But, I'm not fretting about that, I couldn't care less really, what matters is to spend the holiday season as happy as a clam. So what's your holiday plans?



0 comments:

Post a Comment