I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, May 22, 2020

Tofu never caused a pandemic.

Hi. So, how are you holding up these days? As for me, I think I have done gazillion things since the lockdown started. I may have fret in the beginning but moved on pretty easily putting my personal feelings aside. Why? Because I’m not really a people person and being homebody has given me solace not to mention that ‘not going out’ isn’t really considered a problem for me because I operate my business from the confides of my humble abode aside from the world has bigger problems than mine. 

The home lockdown has helped in my opinion but, did not really fully eradicate the problem as the virus is still stealthily lurking in someone, somewhere. It’s like preventing a jar filled with water to the brim which will still overflows anyway until the water gush out and yes, I meant the virus, it's impossible to contain just prevent the spread. It’s like fighting a war against something or someone wearing an invisible cloak like that of Harry Potters. I’m trying to be humorous but the truth of the matter is, the current situation is gravely serious because a lot of people will resort to violence and unimaginable acts if this whole thing will continue with an impending economic crisis which we already have even prior to this pandemic. 


I quit my office job many years ago not knowing this pandemic would strike in the not so distant future which was tough at first but considering the current situation, i was thankful I did because the strife of the workforce is real. Imagine how will anyone put food on the plate if everyone’s out of job with less to no aid from our government? The situation is really, really at its worst. Everything is just in disarray with infuriating corrupt officials who still manage to steal money from the people during these trying times. And, those who received aid from the government splurge their money away and wail when their funds are depleted then resorts back to the blame game again. Sometimes, this whole thing makes me think how did we even get this far?


Moving on, I’m just glad all non-essential businesses are operational again. The pandemic hampered even online businesses which was a bummer since I have an online business myself and I felt the blow, it was bad, it was really bad but like everyone else we have to stand up and keep fighting because help is not always on the way. I was ecstatic when the IATF included non-essential businesses to operate again and was so squeamish to go back to work (operate my online business again) since I can’t dilly dally baby as there are bills to pay and utility companies just pushed back the due dates and not really waived them because it’s always business as usual. With the business back on the track I was able to shop for materials again i source from textile shops that are essential for my business to operate. I prefer to shop more online these days instead of visiting physical shops because it’s always better safe than sorry, Covid-19 isn’t something to be taken lightly, never. 


During the two months of home quarantine I was able to fully restock my online shop with the very little raw materials (yarns, etc) I have left prior to the lockdown. However, I went haggard from relaxed when my shop went online again due to the influx of orders! I was thankful to God because people seemed excited to shop again and as a result has helped small (online) industries to get back up. 

As for me, my simple joys include purchasing cat supplies and more cotton yarns for my business just to veer me away from reality every once in a while. I recently bought a cat litter scooper and packs of wheat grass for thy kitty to munch on when they grow out and become a ‘cat salad.’ I think my green thumb is only at 60% having kept a cacti alive for a couple of years so I was quite apprehensive after I purchased wheat seedlings online but to my delight it grew in 4 days under very minimal supervision yey! I just tossed some on the seeds in a small pot and bury them underneath the potting soil which came with it and voila! I’ve seen sprouts on the 4th day. I felt a sense of accomplishment really.

Grow a 'cat salad'I know it’s superficial, but we need a sense of superficiality (if ever such word exists) these days, simple joys from simple, inexpensive things to clear our minds and keep our mental state healthy, a diversion. I repurposed my DIY Macramé wall hanging decors which have been literally ‘wall flowers’ for the past few years, cooked more, baked more, tons of movie marathons, crochet more whilst my sibs made tons of Dalgona drinks and focused on house-cleaning, dog-grooming, thought about repainting the house etc. 


My recommendation? Find an inexpensive hobby, watch informative documentaries, grow a pocket garden, DIY things, try a new diet and above all, focus on your physical and mental health by eating more green and leafy vegetables. Remember, Tofu never caused a pandemic. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment