I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, November 13, 2020

Yuletide Is Coming.

We're a stone throw away from Christmas and boy you can already feel the breeze this early. 

I'm done shopping for presents because I hate last minute anything what more cramming! I started shopping for prezzies as early as end of September, sorted them all out and kept them in our storage room so all I have to do days before Christmas is to wrap all my presents.  

I went cheap this year because I don't think it'll be 'just' considering the strife everyone has endured because of the pandemic. All I want is just to simply celebrate the holiday season this year having those who lost everything, jobs, homes, loved ones in mind. We have to be extra sensitive with what we post over social media these days because everyone has been through enough and flaunting all the grand things isn't even an option. 

I shopped all my presents online given this pandemic, just bits and bobs pretty much and all of them arrived successfully thank God. I know shopping online isn't really deemed 100% safe because items via mail can be contaminated by the virus as well so I make sure to disinfect my parcels as soon as i receive them and air dry outdoors just to feel safe then still wash my hands with a germicidal soap. It's pretty tedious really but the sole reason why I shop online more these days is to avoid the crowd. Anyways, going back, there are heaps of great finds online from cosmetics to Christmas decors, you name it, they got it.  

I made sure to save up my earnings and shopped wisely this year because this is not an ordinary year since many have suffered a great deal and our economy isn't doing so good neither. To celebrate this yuletide season, my sibs and I still managed to deck our halls for the holiday season not to mention it's also our way of coping amidst all the lament this year has brought about. We decorated our old tree from ages ago and just shopped for new hanging ornaments for it since we change our holiday theme yearly. We went for Scandi Christmas this year and our color scheme comprises of Rose gold, Silver, Champagne Gold, to add our own touch we tossed in some yellow gold and White (for the winter vibe). For our table setting, we went for Rose gold mostly and just purchased disposable cutleries (which we will not use by the way since they're single use plastics, just for photo op purposes and we will just use our existing silver wares instead lol).

We also decided to keep our budget per present at a really minimal/reasonable in short cheap cost because it's the thought that counts anyway. Sissy and I also bought Rose gold foil letter balloons and curtains to ornate our buffet table. We also decided not to cook for Noche Buena (Xmas) and Media Noche (NYE) and will just order vegan cooked food via GrabFood because we found out that this vegan resto in town now offers vegan food to go which was such a relief since prepping and cooking for holiday dinner can be physically taxing to the point you already lose your appetite from cooking exhaustion lol.

Anyhow, still stay safe. I know things will never return to normal from a hindsight therefore, we have to be the one to adapt to change and try to find our own bliss. There's always hope every time we wake up in the morning so try to look for happiness from small things. If owning a rescue animal will be helpful to your mental health why not? As for me, I always try to find reasons to be grateful because dwelling on the negativities won't be helpful for anyone these days. Learn to make things work by having a positive outlook and suit yourself with what's within your reach. 

As for me, the last quarter of the year will always be my favorite season. It'll always be the most wonderful time of the year. I always have great memories of the yuletide season as a child. My advise? Avoid being a grinch! Stay safe! 

How I prep for the holidays, check out this video 👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻





0 comments:

Post a Comment