I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Monday, February 7, 2022

Hello Tiger!

Hello, let me just say a Happy 2022 and Kung Hei Fat Choy all at once! I no longer have time to write like I used to especially this past holiday season as it was my busiest time of the year because I just love Christmas. I have a lot of fond memories of the holiday season as a child and as usual my siblings and I must carry on the tradition of celebrating it no matter what. We celebrated the holiday season as a small unit so as not to burst our bubble because Covid is still a stealthy enemy. We went for all vegan dishes last Christmas and New Year's Eve and cooked everything ourselves. Sissy and I just bought our all vegan ingredients from a local vegan online shop which does same day delivery can you believe that? Vegan stash is becoming more and more accessible these days where I'm based so thanks to that. 

For Noche Buena, we had vegan Greek Pasta salad which was oh so delish, Carbonara, Pineapple Tofu viand and some homemade Apple Pie which I did not use Granny Smith apples for since they were way more expensive than the red ones yet still turned out great nevertheless! For Media Noche, we went for Oyster Mushroom Macaroni Salad, Pancit Bihon (Stir fried Glass Noodles), Tofu stuffed Shanghai rolls, Rice cakes (Puto) and Ginataang Bilo-bilo (Glutinous Rice Balls in Coconut Milk). The good thing about cooking all these food for the holidays is that they will save you heaps of time cooking a week later because of the leftovers LOL. We had our usual gift giving thingy as well came midnight to keep us all awake and welcome Christmas and also New Year 2022. What I enjoyed doing the most though was setting up our table for both the Christmas and New Year's eve dinner. We went for Midnight Allure last year for our holiday season color scheme which centered on vintage Gold, Deep Blue and Teal Green.  You may check out my YT channel here.

So, how was my 2021 really? Truthfully, last year, business was slow which occurred to me as a surprise although I figured there's a logic to it. The lockdown last 2020 caused many people to shop online to ease out their pain and loneliness for not being able to socialize and go on with life as normal and, with the advent of vaccines to combat the virus, everyone was able to go out again (not minding we are still in the middle of a a pandemic) like crazy as if this pandemic never happened thus the resurgence of the covid-19 cases. 

Anyhow, when the pandemic broke out during the first quarter of the year 2020, I expected it'll be a tough year ahead because the order of things are bound to spiral out of control and so they did not to mention the Domino effect afterwards.  2021 was a much tougher year since 2020 pretty much just carried over all its unresolved issues to its successor and as expected majority suffered a great deal. But then, despite all these, there goes the adage "When life throws you Lemons, make Lemonade" which means this whole pandemic situation will eventually wane over someday and as always life is a series of moving on and striding forward. The silver lining is,  ending the year 2021 healthy and strong is already a feat in itself. Therefore, let me welcome 2022 with open arms. Hopefully, all our  hopes and aspirations will come through this 2022! It's the year of the Tiger after all, an animal known for its willpower and strength.



0 comments:

Post a Comment