I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Hello Rabbit


Kung Hei Fat Choi

Happy 2023. I can now officially state that it is a new year because the nation recently observed the eagerly anticipated Chinese New Year, which is essentially a holiday in the Philippines. Tikoy, which is ubiquitous throughout the Chinese New Year celebration, is my favorite aspect of the holiday. The taste hasn't changed over the years, except that I'm now vegan, and I realized it can be made without the egg wash. I remember when I was a child, my parents would bring it home frequently every time this event was celebrated, which made me feel excited. We love to dip it in eggs and fry it. It's just unfortunate that we don't eat it as frequently anymore because my mom made Chinese New Year seem so special back in the day by making it every year, and we're not even Chinese. So much for my fond memories of my youth.

So what is my New Year's resolution? Let me tell you why I don't have one. I don't set New Year's resolutions; instead, I keep a mini-check list of things I want to get done each year, and this year is no exception. I began 2023 by completing my paint-by-numbers project, the finished version of which hangs proudly atop my bedside table alongside my aesthetic table decor. My nightstand now resembles a small art gallery. I've been working on it for four straight days, and I'm very proud of myself for finishing it.

In 2023, I also vowed to be more health-conscious, avoid being stubborn, and go to the doctor more frequently. Here is my list so you can see what I've been up to this year:

• Punch needle project: I want to start by working on a kit or making anything from a pattern.

• Additional paint by numbers

• Create objects using air-dry clay. I want to use silicone molds to create something out of air-dry clay.

• Produce items from resin. I discovered that resin items are just one of the many things that silicone molds can be used to create!

• Upgrade the kitchen: My sister and I fell in love with cooking years after quitting our regular jobs and switching to working from and at home, so why not concentrate on this section of the house? We also learned that a practical and visually beautiful kitchen is a necessity.

• Focus on neutering and spaying our animals: We recently adopted a male dog and a female cat, and our aim is to neuter and spay them this year because, from our experience, they live longer after being fixed. By the way, all of them are indoor pets.

• Update my passport: It's been a while since I left the country, so why not do so this year? You never know where your travels will take you in 2023. Since the pandemic brought everything to a halt and the globe is only now starting to reopen its doors with some relief from the COVID-19 limitation laws, I really miss traveling.

• Be fit: This year, I want to spend more time outside and buy a treadmill that takes up less space so I can still work out at home.

• Organize the home office: I've been spending a lot of time in our home office lately, and I feel the need to organize this area of our home so I can easily pull items out of the drawers and start to work without sifting through heaps of clutter. I also need to update Sissy's and my work-from-home set up. In addition to our nearly 7-year-old Macbook Air, I feel the need for an all-in-one PC.

My list is still short because I don't want to overwhelm myself and end up abandoning things later. I want to calm the freak down. Because, darling, you can't make these aspirations come true without consistent income flow, I also make a pledge to hustle and bustle more this year. I wasn't born with a silver spoon, so let's earn more money so we can devote ourselves to these objectives!

Happy year of the Rabbit y'all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment