I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, August 2, 2024

Hey August

I
t's been a rainy and gloomy start to the month. I think if there's one thing I'll never get used to while living in the City of Pines, it's the constant rainy days and the fog every time the temperature drops. If you've lived in the southern part of the Philippines for most of your life, the slow and chill life in a cold, often damp, and highly elevated place will always amaze you. You'll wonder how people endure the slow-paced living when you're used to always rushing to get home, to work, and to finish your tasks in no time. I just can't slow down. I've tried, but it's like going against the swarm of people heading in one direction; you just feel like you're getting squished in and will trip at any moment out of dizziness.

Anyways, another downside is that the cold and the rain make me extremely sad for no reason. This climate just invites melancholy a lot. Oftentimes, it feels like winter without the snow. Not to mention, I've been listening to Cordelia a lot lately, which makes me wallow in undefinable sadness even more. I guess her songs are quite magnetic despite the sweeping sadness. I'm just wondering lately why working out on a treadmill brings out the worst in me. It feels more like working out purges my happy hormones when it should be the other way around. Maybe I'm just not normal. I feel like if there were a zombie apocalypse, the zombies would ignore me as if I didn't exist. Maybe my blood type is AB negative.


0 comments:

Post a Comment