I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Sunday, February 19, 2012

if food is fuel, book is food..for the brain.

I’m pretty busy again putting more e-books to my library. Reading is so addicting i must admit that it I just finished Stephen King’s The Dead Zone book and it was tragic. I hate tragic endings but that makes suspense thrillers even more thrilling.
sometimes curbs hunger.

The Dead Zone
Stephen King

The main character, Johnny Smith met his life changing accident as a kid in an ice hockey rink. He hit his head really bad and since then he started having ‘flashes’ about the past and the future. It has turned even more powerful whenever he touches someone or touches something that belongs to someone in particular. Johnny also since the accident developed this special ‘talent’ to find lost things or people.

His love interest was Sarah. One night, during his date with Sarah, he won about $500 in this wheel of fortune thing. But, his belief that something tragic will happen once luck comes around (as taught by her mom) happened like a bad dream. That same night, Sarah’s stomach went bad so Johnny needed to accompany her home and took a cab on his way home but faced a tragic car crash which left him in a coma for more than 4 years.

His parents were both devastated and his mother’s devotion to God grew weirder. His father almost gave up on him thinking he won’t wake up again, Sarah them got married and had a child with a lawyer aspiring to be in the public office.

Johnny surprisingly got out from coma after 4 years but the ‘flashes’ grew worse than ever. His mother died and left him a message to put into good use his acquired ‘gift.’ He eventually disliked media frenzy and almost retreated with a will to forget about the whole psychic powers he acquired hadn’t a cop asked for his help to unravel who the serial killer is sneaking around their town. The murderer had killed 5 people including a child, raped then murdered. To make the long story short Johnny was able to pinpoint the killer (who happened to commit suicide knowing he will be tracked in a very short period of time having known Johnny as a psychic.) The book ended really tragic because he killed Greg Stillson, the unscrupulous politician by shooting him. Johnny had this ‘flash’ one time that during Stillson’s term the country will be raging a war with other nations, etcetera, so he killed him to prevent such catastrophe. Isn’t that odd? But, anyways, he died and the story ended with Sarah visiting his grave.

Why dead zone? Part of his right brain was damaged during the car crash which gave him difficulty retaining road names and streets. Thus, that same zone was badly hurt when he fell during his childhood. His dead zone is where all his psychic powers and weird flashes came from.

The End.

Moving on, though I miss our post paid internet service and wireless router since my sister and I left Manila, I suit myself by reconciling with my bookworm side. I miss a lot of things since we moved such as movie DVD rips care of torrent. Anyways, reading is quite similar with watching movies..the details even more intricate hehe.

I just signed up with epubbud, shribd and goodreads where I downloaded my free epub and pdf books. They’re good source for free ibooks by the way.

My new read is a NY bestseller last year by Michelle Hodkin The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. Then this one from Lauren Myracle (Shine), Patricia Cornwell (Postmortem), Charlaine Harris (Death with Dark) & Maureen Johnson (The Name of the Star). I’m excited to read ‘em all. Hopefully i’ll have tons of time. Jeez. I’m so into mystery, suspense, dark and sinister novels.

I’m just not into the pink frills and violet laces. But, I like purple, it’s the gothic pink.

Looking forward to another flava of Zentea!

0 comments:

Post a Comment