I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

gobble gobble..

My post RAI has taken a toll on me three days ago (a week after my treatment) when my throat started to hurt thus i had a hard time swallowing. geez. 

if doctors say RAI (radioactive iodine) does not have any effect on the patient as it only attacks the overactive tissues of the thyroid,  that's somewhat a lie. there is no such thing as no side effect in the medical world c'mon. not that i'm not aware of it prior to agreeing to go through radiotherapy. the effect was just a little delayed in my case because of my body resistance i guess since i have a healthy lifestyle. 


going back, my throat or should i say esophagus seemed to narrow and my throat kind of bulge after a week which my siblings noticed since i don't like looking at myself in the mirror because i often feel my throat and there's a significant difference prior to RAI. i wasn't alarmed because like any other scar in your body the tissues grow to repair the damaged one thus perhaps explain the little bulge. as days go by the throat pain kind of wane out because i went on soft diet myself (good thing i am on detox by drinking fruit juices). the pain subsided after 4 days if am not mistaken. 

i also noticed that on the 8th day my fingers started itching and the miniscule bumps went back (like they used to when i was sooo hyperthyroid thus was prescribed by my derma this ointment long before) which is in my observation and further reading signifies that the overactivity in my hormones or something heightened. i know i should've been a doctor. this is the result of too much internet research. i resort to google than doctors heheh.

i felt the significant change in my vitals this week which is the second week of my post RAI. my heartbeat seemed normal and the hand tremors somewhat subsided although my throat is kinda itchy all the time especially if am not hydrated. but then, i know that it'll take a month before i totally feel the impact of the treatment that's why my endoc scheduled me for another check up before this month ends.

i can't wait to be well. if only RAI is magic wand i hope there's no repercussion to undergoing one to each and every thyroid patientz. i guess the world would be a better place that ailments is just a magic wand away eh? 

i know, i shouldn't treat my illness this way but i guess it's just my way of looking at the shining, shimmering, splendid side of life 'cuz my birthday is this month and i shouldn't fret! all of me and my sistah's  leave request were granted so our trip to cambodia isn't a world away after all. i'm just excited i guess. it's been a while since i left the confides of this cold city. i need a different air except carbon monoxide. it's summer. oh god i hate summer.



0 comments:

Post a Comment