I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Matte it!

I am currently stoked with matte lippies because you can wear them almost all day long without the need to retouch every now and then. I’m not a fan of matte lipsticks before since I thought they dry out fast and they flake only to find that I may have been using them incorrectly. When using matte lippies, it is a must to exfoliate first otherwise you won’t get that desired effect which I recently learned since I’m not using liquid lippies before. The release of the Kylie Jenner matte lippies turned many make up fanatics gaga over it (myself included) except I thought it was too expensive for a tube of lipstick even if it came with a lip liner. So, I decided to scour eBay again (yes I’m back on eBay) for affordable matte liquid lippies and found Nyx's Soft Matte Lip Cream lipsticks. I have been yearning to purchase Nyx lippies a long time ago but, since I already have tons of lippies in my possession (I don’t even use some of them) I discarded the thought of purchasing another one until recently. I stumbled upon a local eBay seller that sells Nyx soft matte lip cream lippies and at the same time accepts Paypal so I decided to purchase couple of them to save on shipping fees. I opted for Nyx’s Cairo and London lip creams because I just love Nude shades. 

Nyx soft matte lip cream in London SMLC04

Price: Php300 
Shipping: Php100 
eBay.ph seller

I love this shade because it matches my skin color. It's not so nude that you’re lips won’t pop anymore plus I love the buttery smell. My only complain was, it does not dry quickly and you need to apply more than one coat to achieve your desired shade. The matte quality is also quite good as it does not flake much and yup it's also quite waterproof.

Nyx soft matte lip cream in Cairo SMLC16

Hmm..I didn’t really like this shade quite frankly because the color is so nude for my taste. I actually look pale sick every time I wear it. I think it’s best paired with a smoky eye shadow so the face will not look like a blank canvass lol. Perfect for goth make up I guess.

And the search goes on..

Ok, so I went to the mall early today to see if I could find any liquid matte lippie from the make up stores because I thought my Cairo isn’t going to be something I could wear on a daily basis therefore I need an alternative. I decided to check out BYS first as I use most of their products (bronzer, contour palette, lippies etc.) and I’m glad I asked the make up consultant if they carry out any liquid matte lipsticks. BYS just recently released their matte Velvet Lips liquid lipsticks which was perfect, right on time for my quest. Their nude matte shades weren’t on display yet so I felt the need to ask if they have those and the lady showcased all of them. I was stoked when I saw them but what really caught my attention was the 'Mystical Rose’ shade since I don’t have any lippie yet resembling that color so I decided to purchase it right away. 

BYS Velvet Lips liquid lipstick in Mystical Rose #08

Price: Php399 (Watsons)

BYS’ matte lippies doesn't have that buttery or vanilla scent although I don't really mind since I’m after the shade and not the scent. Same with Nyx matte lip creams, you have to apply more than one coat to achieve your desired shade. Another not so good quality about BYS velvet lips is that the matte quality isn't very waterproof as it flakes terribly if you drink something. Advantage though, it's quick drying so good for ladies on the go like myself who's always racing against the clock. I would also suggest to use any non-flaky matte lippie first for the first coat then use this one afterwards. It's like layering it with good quality matte liquid lipstick first as it's quite disappointing wearing it on its own, I mean it would flake really bad. 

I'm also interested in trying Colourpop's liquid matte lipsticks someday and I sure am will write about it when I get the chance. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment