I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Problem Solved.

I kind of noticed recently that my VLC player is unable to play the video part for some .MOV files, the audio will play though which I found odd. I did not really pay attention to it until last night, I googled and tried to look for a fix. According to most threads that I stumbled upon, you have to twitch something on the video output part and it should work, unfortunately it did not work for me. So, I searched further and found that the problem may have something to do with the VLC version I currently have. 


I updated my VLC player months ago to the newest version called VLC 2.0 Twoflower or version 2.0.9 and found that every time I would play a .MOV file from my Transcend 1TB external hard drive I would have the same problem, no video but there's audio. The file was downloaded from my sisters macbook and her VLC would play it so I found it kind of peculiar that I can’t. I thought she probably has the old VLC version so I decided to uninstall my latest VLC 2.0 and downloaded the earlier Version 2.2.4 Weatherwax and that pretty much solved the problem, I can now play all .MOV files! I wonder why I never thought of that simple fix before? I wasted my time away deleting every .MOV files I downloaded thinking it’s probably a corrupted file geez. Sometimes overthinking won't do you any good lol. It pays to always go back to the basic install/re-install process to troubleshoot any software/program related issue because it works 95% of the time. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment