I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Sunday, December 17, 2017

All Is Calm, All Is Bright.

diy Christmas dinner table setting
All is calm, all is bright....
It’s literally just 8 days to go before Christmas and I think my work is already done decking the house for the holidays. My sibs and I already bought stuff for our Christmas dinner table set up and I guess we’re all set. We bought a new Christmas wreath since our theme this year is gold and green and the old one we got isn’t very gold and isn’t very green neither. Ah, shopping for Christmas decors is quite stressful really because the cost for everything sky rockets when it’s last minute, business as usual.

Moving on, my skillet cookies are doing really well and I have been getting a lot of orders for the pack of 6s thus made me quite busy which I think is attributed to the fact that first, it is very affordable and second people nowadays would rather gift homemade stuff for Christmas than those readily available gift packs you can buy at the mall because it feels more personal and thoughtful that way plus anything homemade exudes that ‘labor of love’ vibe. I’ve been yearning to make one of those diy soaps and bath bombs for a long time now because I personally believe they are excellent gift ideas but finding the materials for them though is quite effortful so I’ll put that thought on hold for now, who knows it might take flight someday. 

the moon overhead...
Anyways, my sister and I are finally done with our a moon lamp which is our last DIY project for this year. I decided we come up with a little tutorial video as well (check out the video below). Since it’s a diy project we decided to make it as inexpensive as possible and as a result we bought a monochromatic blinking lights instead of the white LED lights as it’s quite pricey. The lights we used just cost less than P200 versus the white LED lights which roughly cost P500 and the rest of the materials such as the dishwashing sponge and card board cost nothing since we have them offhand. We pretty much just spent on string lights and cheap tissues & acrylic paints which only cost less than P40.00 a piece (or less than a dolllar). Overall, this project only costs us less than P300 (less than $6.00) which was really cheap and all worth it. The cost for a real moon lamp by the way is P700-2,000 ($14-40.00) depending on the size. I really love how this project turned out.

Please like and subscribe to my sissy's channel here.





0 comments:

Post a Comment