I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Monday, December 11, 2017

Baby It's Cold Outside

It’s 14 days to go before Christmas and baby it sure is getting cold outside. 

Entrepreneur mode on.
As for me I have been pretty busy selling my skillet cookies and coined a term for them ’holiday skillet cookies’ which was obviously derived from the holiday season. I started selling them last week (red velvet and matcha flavor) in small quantities and so far the response was good that I have them now in strawberry and ube (purple yam).  I make cookies plus an online craft store on the side, how convenient is that? This is what I love about the holiday season, a great opportunity for small time/scale business which you can manage at your own time, convenience and does not require huge capital to begin with. Let me share that I do not have formal training as far as baking is concerned, I just had one baking class back in high school and that’s it, everything else I learned from my friends, Google, Pinterest and Youtube lol. I mean who doesn’t right? Everything that you want and need to know is pretty much on social media, you just have to be more creative in twitching them to make them your own. You also need to be passionate in every endeavor you put yourself into because the end result can be really amazing. 

This rainbow spaghetti is oh so perfect
this holiday season care of
@rock-a-bye-baby.
Nuninoo..
My sister and I re-arranged our room for the nth time and she’s looking to dispose our cloud lamp because it has already collected dust since it’s been around for over a year. She's looking to replace it with a ‘moon lamp’ which is now quite popular.

Salt Lamp..
I have been yearning to get myself a ‘salt lamp’ because of its
moon lamp photo: https://www.pinterest.com/nextdealshop/
salt lamp photo: https://www.pinterest.com/brit/
good benefits (may improve air quality by generating negative ions, hygroscopic quality as it removes mold from air as well etc.) however, the cost is pretty unreasonable for me that’s why I still haven’t got one yet. Seriously, I used to be an impulsive buyer but I guess turning stingy comes with age lol. Well, let’s just say you get wiser as you get older to simply put. Although I haven’t retired the idea of getting a salt lamp someday maybe after the holiday season or when the price of commodities starts to drop like hell (smirk). I hope this country will also have one of those ‘Black Friday' sale moments someday (except the part where buyers violently nudge each other just to get their hands on the most coveted stuff on sale whatever that is).

To wrap this up, I’m excited for Christmas and what the new year holds. I can’t believe it’s just three weeks before we bid 2017 adieu. I hope 2018 would be much more exciting. But, for the time being, let me savor 2017 first.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment