I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Warm & Fuzzy

Feeling cold? Snuggle with
a CAT-O! `
Baby it's cold outside 🎶
The sudden cold is making a lot of people sick with flu and other airborne diseases that’s why I make sure I drink a lot of tea and keep myself warm these days. I’m glad I have a cat who not only bright up my day but is serving a great purpose, keeping me warm during cold and gloomy days. Humans are great source of warmth for animals that’s why they love to snuggle with us during cold days, little did most people know, animals can be very warm too that a heating bag is no longer required lol. Owning a cat have a lot of perks, aside from they are warm enough for you not be in a hypothermia state during cold and freezing days, their purring calms you down (good for the nervous system) and is also known to repair broken bones. I can deal with cold days, I just hate rainy days because it keeps people indoors geez. I just hate anything extreme, I prefer somewhere in between, not too hot, not too cold and just enough to keep living beings comfortably thrive.

rainbow cookie; cookie monster inspired oreo cookies 
& cream
Moving on, I have been pretty busy re-inventing cookie flavors and I just find it kind of challenging where to buy extracts/food essence other than online. Not that I don’t know how to make them because all it takes is vodka and whatever flavor you want such as vanilla beans, mint leaves, etcetera to come up with any food essence of your choice, It’s just that it takes some time before they can be usable. Anyways, I’m still interested in DIY-ing them because it’s always fun to create something from scratch. I know it’s easier to make cookies using one of those cake mix you can just pick up from supermarkets, but, I think it’s such a lazy thing to do.

Speaking of cookies, I tried making one of those rainbow colored cookies the other day by tediously dividing my cookie dough, adding in few drops of food color, vanilla extract, patiently cutting them into strips, twisting all my technicolor dough together and walah! Rainbow cookies from scratch. Last night, I tried to channel cookie monster by adding little drops of blue food color and tossing in chopped Oreo cookies to my dough. If it goes well then I’ll sell more of them. I just love how ‘cookie monster’ blue it turned out (snicker) it was so cute. I hope to find myself a bubblegum extract someday because it seems better ‘bubblegum flavoured’ than vanilla because of how vibrant the color turned out. I just love making cookies, such an excellent de-stressing activity kinda like crafting. So, what to do when you’re cold?? Keep moving. As for me, I immensely enjoy warm a cup of anything, a coffee, ginger tea or chocolate! And oh it’s best paired with home-baked cookies. 








0 comments:

Post a Comment