I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

NYE to 2018!

Happy New Year! 

2018 is the year of the brown earth dog and is predicted to be  a good year in all respects according to Chinese horoscope. As for me, I always believe in hard work and life is what we always make it, stroke of luck is just a plus. I thank God I got to welcome the new year with my family for the first time again in many years after being on MIA (missing in action) mostly during the holidays because of work. I don’t really have any new year’s resolution as it’s always que sera sera (what will be, will be) for me. I just hope this year will be better than the rest like what I always say. 2017 was my travel year because I was auspicious to travel abroad twice last year unlike the previous years since I usually only travel once a year or during my sister and I’s birthday. I also ventured into the food business before the year ended which I was really thankful about. 

our NYE dining hall set up 🎉
oven mitts 
Moving on, I spent my new year’s eve at home with my sibs and niece and as usual we set up our little buffet corner. I  even added a colorful happy new year banner to spice things up a bit or add that quirky vibe. We did not splurge on food since new year will just go by anyways, we just prepared gifts for ourselves for our little NYE exchange gift thingy. To stay awake, albeit it’s difficult not to, we had a Thai horror movie marathon for hours. I’m also happy this time around my cat is home to welcome 2018 unlike last Christmas day since he went missing. It’s a peaceful NYE where I’m at because fireworks isn’t really encouraged (I know no matter how boring it sounds) for safety reasons but nevertheless there were still fireworks come 12 midnight lol. I mean, what’s welcoming the new year without those spectacular and colorful fireworks in the air eh? And as usual we decked our dining table with ornaments from Christmas eve, a clever and cost effective way to recycle and just twitched it a bit by changing the way the table napkins were folded. We also had a little candle light dinner same
as Christmas eve just for fun. Anyways, please check out the video I made below👇🏼  regarding how we decorated our dining hall for new year's eve. Then, minutes before 12MN we gathered at the balcony to watch the fireworks display outside and opened gifts afterwards (I got an oven mitts from my sissy yay!). Let me just share that I accidentally burned a patch of skin on my pinky finger the other day while baking cookies because I still do not have any oven mitts since I usually make cookies before using a skillet geez. Going back, I did not sleep until around 3PM because I had coffee to stay awake in welcoming 2018.

To wrap up this bloggie I only have one song in mind in welcoming 2018 ‘Auld Lang Syne’ (Old Long since), a Scots poem written by Robert Burns in 1788 and became a traditional folk song which is about remembering long-standing friendship and good old days which is very fitting for new year’s eve. 



DIY New Year's Eve table setting 





0 comments:

Post a Comment