I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Saturday, August 13, 2016

A Dose of Love

I love poetry and every time I come across prolific poets over the world wide wed I really take time to read their works and follow their social media accounts. I was first blown away by the works of Nayyirah Waheed, author of ‘Salt’ because of her profound writings. Her poems are mostly about love and her command of words are very simple yet powerful and striking, there’s just this inexplicable sensitivity to them. Her poems will find its way to your heart. 


my personal favorite from Lang Leav's
The Universe of Us book. 
Then, just recently, I discovered Lang Leav, another prolific poet behind the books ‘Love,’ ‘Memories,' ‘Lullabyes’ and her latest work which I’m so raving to have ‘The Universe of Us.’ I swear I’ll grab my copy as soon as it hits the local book store because I was stoked after I saw some of its pages from her Instagram feeds. I really love her poems about love, they’re so heartfelt, so sensitive. I was blown away by Lang Leav’s poems, smitten If I may. You know a great poet when you found one because I also dreamt of becoming a great poet at one point in my life and reading Lang’s poems inspired me to let my heart do the talking and my hands do the writing. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment