I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Static & Silence In A Monochrome Vision


"Full Moon" taken 02.02.18 📸  by m00nchildr0cks with a Fujifilm
s200exr camera.
photo from Pinterest
Oh hello February! January ended with a global phenomenon or the rare occurrence of the super blue blood moon which is a first in 152 years and I’m so lucky to have witnessed it three days ago. It was rather a beautiful sight to behold and t'was the talk of the social media world with awesome photographs to boot from individuals throughout the globe. According to news, the next one is not going to happen until January 21, 2019 which is next year so I’m looking forward to that again with hopefully a better camera so I could take a much better photo as it’s a very rare occurrence. I was only able to snatch a photo from my mobile phone so I wasn’t so happy with how it turned out that’s why I had to grab a DSLR camera.

A super blue blood moon is a blue moon and lunar eclipse combined with the moon being at its closest point to Earth, which resulted in a "super blue blood moon.” But then I was still curious with where the term ‘super blue blood moon’ came from and here’s what I found: 

🌕  Super Moon - When the Moon is at its closest point to Earth.
🔵  Blue Moon - The 2nd full moon in a month.
🔴  Blood Moon - The red tint Earth’s shadow casts on the Moon during a lunar eclipse. 

My Super Blue Blood Moon inspired 
Cookies & Cream 🤩
#SuperBlueBloodMoon 01.31.18. 
Moon phases taken with a Fujifilm DSLR 
camera. Lunar eclipse with an iPhone 5s.
To simply put, it was a triple treat, a full Moon (take two in a span of one month), the Moon’s closest proximity to Earth and a lunar eclipse all in one rare occurrence. I really do not know much about it until l I checked out my Twitter account and saw nothing but the hashtag #SuperBlueBloodMoon on my feed. I only got to see it until around 8:00PM past last January 31st and I was like glued to it for a while. An eclipse never cease to amaze me every time what more when the Earth’s shadow began casting its red tint on the Moon. I was lucky to witness the Moon’s different phases which went on like a time lapse video. It didn’t really take long before the earth casts its shadow on the moon, what a beaut. I was really stoked with it, such a nice photography subject because when you take a zoom in shot, you could almost see its craters, amazing.

Ekiben inspired breakfast: Omelet, Chocolate Muffins, brown rice with
 grated carrots & sesame
 seeds, Burmese veggies & Tonkatsu.
Ekiben.
I have been fascinated with Japanese train Bento meals since I started watching tons of YouTube travel videos shot in Japan and I can’t wait to go to there hopefully in the near future so I could try one of their Ekibens. If you read my last blog entry I mentioned about my newfound hobby which is making Bento meals as I was inspired by quite a few Japanese YouTubers who make one of those beautiful Bento lunch box meals that’s why I decided to make my own version. Few days ago I made an ‘Ekiben’ inspired breakfast meal for my sister and I and it was really filling. I don’t how the Japanese people are able to keep a slim figure with the amount of food inside their Bento lunch boxes or train bento meals otherwise called as ‘Ekiben.’ I guess walking as a form of exercise does all the trick. 








0 comments:

Post a Comment