I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Sunday, August 16, 2015

What has happened

NLEX toll gate..
It's over 30°C here in Manila and the traffic turned worse to worst. I don't know what's going on with all the endless road repairs and the traffic turmoil. When I left Manila four years ago, the traffic is still a little bearable especially if you leave early for work. But now? Wow, if I were to describe the traffic condition nowadays I will say from rust to decay. The train system has been horrendous even before but the never ending troubles commuting via train turned quite life threatening already that most people would rather take the bus or if they have means buy a car. The result? Much more heavy traffic jams.

I can't blame car owners because, I too, will not subject myself neither to the hassles of commuting nowadays. Taking a cab can even endanger your life if you have heard of those cab drivers spraying some sort of chemical to the cab's aircon vents so their poor and helpless passenger would pass out thus give them opportunity to steal whatever they could steal from them. Scary. Encountering an obnoxious cab driver is scary enough what more passing out in a cab and waking up just to find that you no longer have a single penny in you? Worse, if you ever still wake up. I don't mean to write about these horrors but it's a way to warn commuters nowadays like me, that, even if we're living in a democratic country we fear for our lives and safety, especially women. What has happened?

I am aware that corruption is so rampant in all countries (rich or poor). I just can't wrap my head around the fact that how come our neighboring countries here in South East Asia have way better transportation system than us considering they also have corrupt government officials? Road repairs after another, after another, they haven't even fixed one yet another road is being excavated thus causing even heavier traffic jams. Why does the Philippines suit itsef with refurbished elevators, buses and trains? Big chunk of our pay goes to taxes, I am just wondering where'd they go.

Halo-halo to beat the
heat.
somewhere over the rainbow.
Moving on, since I arrived couple of days ago, all that my sissy and I do is hang out in air conditioned places to keep us sane. My god, the heat here down south is so unbearable that you could literally fry an egg outside. So, to beat the heat we either we go to an ice cream parlor or anywhere else that serves any cold stuff like halo-halo, bubble tea etc. It felt like being inside an urn where you're left to fry anywhere you go. It just made me think, is the universe really dying like what the news said? If so then where do we go? I'd love to watch this movie Interstellar again.

Early this week, I saw a rainbow and according to my Dad, for as long as a rainbow appears in the heavens, it is a sign that God will no longer end the world by water. The bible said that according to him. No more Noah's arc I guess. But, we should still consider that there's four elements: earth, wind, water and fire.


I love to travel everywhere now that I have all the time in the world (for now) so our niece drove us off to the Parish of the Immaculate Heart today. She said, she wished for a car the first time she set foot there and it eventually came true so I fervently wished for someone to buy our house up north so we could move on with our lives and pretty much start over. I wish I may. Patience is a virtue whilst prayers can move mountains.







0 comments:

Post a Comment