I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Do Whatever

I have been nursing a cold for five days now and yes I am self-medicating. I know it's wrong but I hate going to hospitals and wait in vain. So, what I do, I keep my old prescriptions and bear in mind which medicine works for me all the time.

During the first two days, my throat was itchy like hell. An itchy throat for days indicates an infection, and, this happens to me every time I indulge on sweets or anything cold like ice cream, etc. which I did when I went to back home to Manila the week before. Let me also mention that I get sick once exposed to the rain without any proper rain gear and the recent typhoon compelled me to get out of the house to attend to our dogs despite the heavy rains.

Going back, my sissy suggested that I drink ginger ale as it's a natural anti-biotic which I of course agreed. The ginger was such a good home remedy that my itchy throat subsided eventually although not as fast as anti-biotics in pill form which normally lead to not so good effects on me after taking them for days.
my homemade chocolate and peanut
butter cake :)

I prescribed Sinupret for myself which is vegan so it's safe as per majority of internists (I have consulted in the past) for my running nose and Sinecod for my cough, they're all over the counter drugs by the way. I'm on my way to getting better day by day with a little help from my twinnings tea and lime friends! I even got back to baking and consumed all my baking supplies. Let me also share that as soon as I'm a whole lot better I am considering to go back to driving (yay!) because I can no longer endure commuting in Manila quite frankly (sic). The population density brought forth shortage in public transportation and aggravated traffic jams. So my solution is to go back driving (which I haven't been in twenty years! (say huwaat??) yes it's been that long. Driving is a necessity of course in case of emergency and I'm planning to do everything that I can do while I still have the time because once I'm back working again TIME would be my major constraint for sure.




posted from Bloggeroid

0 comments:

Post a Comment