I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Monday, August 31, 2015

Lippie Talk

swatches!
(me, with the long hair and my sissy
m00nchildr0cks) my typical daily make up
consists of smokey eyes, contoured face and
nude lippie. (photo from my instagram
account)
I don't spend much on lippies like I used to because a tube for me only last 2-3 months so why spend on fancy ones right? For me, a lippie should not cost over Php300 considering my usage. I'm not a cheapskate but I could buy lots of make up for one thousand than just a tube of lippie. I don't stick to just one brand of lipstick or make up per se because there's tons of them sprouting like mushrooms nowadays giving consumers better options and value for their money.

I do have favorite brands though such as BYS' matte lippie called Biscuit Barrel and Wet n Wild's Barely There. I've been using these brands for a little over a year now.

heavy contoured face + smoky eyes +
nude lipstick
I frenzy over new make up brands and I spot it outright whenever there's a new brand out just by how they are arranged at the mall's vanity/cosmetic section.

I was originally rooting for Pinkies Collections™ Matte nude lippie but failed to find it. So, I instead resorted to LA Girl's™ liquid lippie called Glazed Lip Paint in Whisper because it's also new, like a shiny new toy I was excited to try it and eventually applied it like a lip gloss to the one I was wearing (wnw barely there). I loved the finish plus there's a refreshing menthol feel once applied. I even thought that it has a lip plumper ingredient to it but it doesn't. It doesn't dry fast though and the texture is not so thick but I love the cute packaging and it's within my price range of course Php260+ ish. I really love matte so  when I saw Pinkies Collections I still bought their nude(st)  shade called Callalily. It was cheap for Php160+  and a good alternative for BYS' Biscuit Barrel but half the cost! I love good finds really and I also noticed that I can actually use Callalily as base coat then LA GIRL's Whisper for a luscious looking finish. 

crimson red lipstick
vampire red lipstick
But, don't just rely on lippie alone, my advise? Use nude lippie for a full make up look (smokey eyes, heavy contoured face) like what I usually sport whilst crimson red lippie for a simple make up. Trust me, red lippie always saves the day if you're not wearing the full make up look because it divert onlookers attention to your lips as focal point even if you're not wearing too much make up. Be careful in picking your red lippie shade btw, crimson/vampire red always radiate that classic and Gothic vibe which makes a girl's look pretty edgy and sexy at the same time. Oh let's not forget the winged eye liner baby!

So, what's your shade? 



0 comments:

Post a Comment