I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Foodie Time

Not a busy day today thus I was able to attend to Brandon, our doggie patient's needs. I tended his wound this morning (which is slowly but surely healing), had him take his second to the last Co-Amox antibiotic, fed him and that's pretty much it. We actually noticed he didn't chow his gauze (wrapped around his Hygroma/wound) last night, well that's a first after almost a week.

My sissy learned, as per our long time family friend's advise that, we have to wipe any menthol smelling oil (e.g White flower, Pao liniment etc.) to his gauze to prevent him from chewing it because dogs hate the smell of menthol. It actually worked except that the smell eventually faded after few hours so we needed to apply menthol on his gauze in the morning and another one in the evening. We did not do that before because we thought the smell might stress him out. However, you have to perform some hacks if all else failed. We'll take Brandon to the vet tomorrow and we'll see what's their verdict. We're saying no to surgery though.

Anyways, since it's not a busy day today we went to downtown (or should I say uptown since town is forty five minutes up north from our house) to scout for an AM/FM modulator for our car's old school stereo. My sister gave her smaller SUV to our niece and is now driving a bigger one. Since her bigger car's stereo does not have any USB slot which stores all of our music, we have to find a modulator, the one you plug to the car's charger/cigarette hub so we could use our USB dongle. It was a fail since according to majority of electronic shops we checked they already phased them out here up north. There are so many things you can no longer find here which is too bad because down south there's this wide array of options for almost everything. We just suit ourselves with mobile music for the time being.

We Had lunch today at Hill Station in Casa Vallejo, upstairs Mt. Cloud book store (I bought a Mt. Cloud cute sticker for Php30.00) simply because we haven't tried dining there yet. We already ate at Hill Station Bistro in Camp John Hay a long time ago and tried their Death by Chocolate Cake. We found the place not as cozy as the one in Casa Vallejo though. Dining there is by reservation by the way but since the whatever event taking place there is not until later today, we were accommodated. I love how cozy the place was, the black and white photography on the walls made the ambiance dramatic.

Art is expressed in so many forms. 
I love black and white photography, it's classic. The photographs seemed to have a soul in them that they will pop out of the photo paper any time. I love something raw, something rustic, there's just inexplicable beauty in them. I miss my photography class back in college. My professor missed my black and white shots back then and when I stopped shooting black and white pictures he asked “what happened?”

Moving on, I had the Vegetarian Panini Sandwich (grilled eggplant, tomatoes and this healthy tasting sour dressing) and their wonderful Iced Tea with a sliced of lime. What I loved about their iced tea is that it's the real deal, you know the taste of tea coming from the actual tea bag with a lot of brown sugar and lime. I always try to replicate that kind of iced tea but I can't so I just suit myself at home with lotsa lime, many ice cubes and brown sugar served usually in mason jars. Lime is always good because it's a very good source of vitamin C.




posted from Bloggeroid


0 comments:

Post a Comment