I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, August 7, 2015

Good for the Heart


new baking supplies...
 I bought some more baking stuff yesterday. Like what I mentioned on my previous blog entry, I frenzy over shopping for baking products and materials every time I go to the Supermarket's baking section. Here up north, there's this Supermarket located at the heart of the city where you could find cheap baking products and utensils. They have baking pans for less than a hundred, non fat cocoa which only cost Php10.00 and miniature individual rice cake trays for the same price. Haven right? I love cheap finds. They make my world happy despite my limited budget for baking supplies.

My sister might have been inspired of me baking so she also scoured YouTube for no bake desserts! She told me she also want to make her very own non bake cake and picked this simple oreo cheese cake which only required condensed milk, oreo cookies and cream cheese. I said sure why not for a change since I want her to have her own little hobby as well whilst were both on hiatus and also, to sort of, let our creative minds work.

I bought myself this muffin tray, cocoa, some more flour, chocolate morsels and my favorite blue food coloring because I am thinking of baking blue cup cakes! I only bought one color for the time being since I'm just gonna test it for now and if it turn out good then I'll buy other colors. New things excite me, it's like finding a shiny new toy lol.

my sister's no bake oreo cheese cake
(photo courtesy of m00nchildr0cks)
As soon as my sister and I reached home yesterday we started working on her masterpiece, her oreo cheesecake then I alone worked on my blue mini cup cakes. I was too excited that I forgot to put butter on my muffin tray (geez) so the bottom of my miniature cakes were a li'l half done. I just did a little work around last night since everything's fine except for that. How did it go? My sissy's oreo cheesecake was ok although there's something missing and we thought it might've been nutella. The cream cheese is not yet too solid so we thought of freezing it overnight. We tried the second tub today and it was a hit, it tasted better than yesterday probably it's 'cuz the cream cheese tasted so much better if frozen overnight. My blue cup cakes were saved by the chocolate morsels I stuffed them haha! It was good actually except that I shouldn't have place them in the freezer, just the chiller part instead my mistake lol. What did I learned from this experience? Practice makes prefect and go easy on food coloring, yeah I dazzled my batter too much of it that's why it turned out quite dark whilst I was just aiming for light shade of blue :D
my blue mini cup cakes with cream cheese
frosting and rainbow sprinkles.

The good thing was, the left over cream cheese (which I turned into cream cheese frosting fused with butter, condensed milk and granulated sugar mixed by hand since I don't have a mixer) sort of elevated my mini cup cake's taste. All went well e? I hate measuring, I just toss them in, taste the batter and it should be all set. Oh let me just say that my steam baked cookies n' cream was a hit with my niece and other sissy. I packed a handful for them during their trip back down to the south early this week. If they're happy with it then I am too. My niece said I should sell my cake/muffin babies but I said they're not ready yet, I need to perfect them first and besides this is just a hobby for now, something to make me happy. Kinda like my omega 3, good for the heart.


0 comments:

Post a Comment