I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Monday, August 24, 2015

Conserve

photo courtesy of google images
The power was out for three days here up north because of the recent typhoon Ineng. It felt like dooms day every time I hear the super strong winds lashing outside. I barely slept these past days fearing that a tornado might be underway, thank God my sister and I were safe and sound.

All our electronic gadgets drained out because our power bank only sustained our power hungry gadgets for a day and we were left with no communication to the outside world for almost a couple of days after.

photo courtesy of google images
Having no power sucks big time and I felt like going nuts unable to use my mobile phone and all other power dependent stuff here at home. What added more to my annoyance is the fact that our only source of existence after the black out, our portable LPG (liquified petroleum gas) also ran out yesterday morning leaving us with no way to heat water nor do any cooking anymore. I said to myself, we're totally doomed. Good riddance the power went back on at exactly five in the afternoon thank God! Our three days of ember finally ended. I can't even heat water using charcoal geez.

The black out made me realize how important is energy to everyone that I promise to conserve for as much as I could because it is as precious as water. Energy is also our source of life that our planet might be heaving because we're draining her resources to sustain us all.



posted from Bloggeroid

0 comments:

Post a Comment