I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Monday, February 1, 2016

Header Collage It Is

Sooooo friggin' busy the whole day long today making my very own blog header and boy learning how to use Adobe Photoshop CC wasn’t as easy as I thought. I downloaded the free version last night and I purposely allotted today for me to navigate through it and thank God it went well. 

I don’t like user manuals because I am a visual learner and I find it more complex reading manuals than watching YouTube tutorial videos. There was this one video I stumbled upon which made it so much easier for me to understand how Adobe Photoshop CC works. I kind of have an idea how Photoshop works because I used this Adobe graphic software (I can’t remember anymore what it’s called) in the past for some desktop publishing stuff so I somewhat had a little idea how to use it. 

I was just really inspired by the works of this artist named Itkupilli that’s why I thought of making my very own header  and I’m so happy with how it turned out yay! I mentioned in my previous blog how I was amazed by the headers and blog backgrounds I downloaded from her site so I figured why not make my own? So, I downloaded images from Google (all photo credit to the owners by the way) then, I edited every single bit of them using Photoshop CC. I used Photoshop’s eraser tool and turned all the background images to transparent then added each and every bit of them (Go to File > Place Embedded) to my new project which is a 1000x300 pixel blank canvass, Blogger's default header size. I enhanced every tad bit of them, added my blog name and it's done. I’m still learning so I may have done it the difficult way but what the heck, learning takes time so I don’t wanna take a stride and rush things.  I’m SO happy with my new header because it’s personal. My love for the hippie era is reflected in my new collage header, my passion for travelling, cats, music and the arts. 

How did I find Adobe Photoshop CC? It was pretty difficult to wrap my head around at first but in the long run it’s all worth learning that darn photo editing software because the finish product is impeccable considering I did not even use so much of the layering technique. I would love to learn more. I love getting busy doing things I love doing and since I'm too lazy to paint or sketch lately 'cuz it's been ages since,  I'll just use my creative ideas somewhere else using Photoshop :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment