I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

DIY Vanity Kit

I will call this baby etsy lilly :)
Before I add the rose brooch..
I just used what's left of my burlap (woven fabric usually made from skin of the jute plant or sisal fibres)  today to make this eco-friendly make up pouch or should I say kikay kit. What's a kikay kit by btw? It serves as your carry-on 'vanity kit' which contains all your make up/beauty essentials and pretty much everything a woman can't live without. I can't leave the house without my make up pouch (i'm serious) and I would definitely go back home (if I'm still not late for work or whatever commitments I have for the day) just to collect it. I know it sounds crazy but c'mon ladies you know what I'm saying is true lol.

she's finally done...
My diy make up kit 
made with looove! 
I've been scouring online shops and malls for the best make-up pouch (that would suit my style like something bohemian, shabby chic, earthy etcetera) for so long now and I just can't seem to find one that's pretty light and compact to store all my make-up and stuff.  So, to address this, like this line in this movie called May, "if you can't find one, make one," I decided to make my very own make-up pouch/vanity/kikay kit. I used unbleached muslin cloth (katsa) this time to hold the burlap together, hand sewn it, used jute twines, decorative buttons and walah! The birth of my first handmade make up pouch.

I did not spend anything by the way because I used left over craft materials. I thought of embellishing it further by adding a pretty printed cloth so it'll look more alive but I don't have spare clippings unfortunately. I thought of adding a burlap rose to it so it won't be too plain instead. The muslin cloth I used by the way was made from an old eco-bag which was an office freebie I got years ago, dissected it/cut it out to make it useful :D It's true, the things in life are free and handmade of course ;)



0 comments:

Post a Comment