I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Lazada No More

my second purchase with Lazada
I have been apprehensive about purchasing another item from Lazada because my first shopping experience with them did not go well. It took almost a month before the item reached my doorstep. First of, they don’t set realistic timeframe for their goods to reach the buyer. According to my niece, their service is ok if you’re down in Manila, it will not take too long before you get your item. However, if you live outside Metro Manila (like I do) it’s a different story.

I made my second purchase with Lazada last January 26, 2016. I thought I’ll give them another shot even if my first purchase did not go well simply because they offer free shipping for any item over Php1,000 plus other online shops do not have the color that I want for the item I’m eyeing for which is this Dark Gray 1TB Transcend External Hard Drive. Lazada also sell it for a much cheaper price and it’s COD. I also like the fact that, after your order is placed, they will send you a text and email notification indicating the ETA (estimated time of arrival) for your item, update you regarding the status (i.e. if it was already shipped or in the verification process etc.) through their website or if you have the Lazada app. But, once the item is shipped this is when the problem sets in.

my matte macbook case from
Shopee
As per the email and sms I got from Lazada, my item will arrive around January 30 or not later than February 1, 2016. Come to think of it, I just ordered the item January 26 and I live up north so normally it takes one week for my online purchases to arrive. The shortest maybe one day if shipped overnight at a higher cost of course like this macbook case I bought recently from Shopee (an online shop). I paid P180 for shipping which was all worth it because I got my item the next day. With Lazada, I expected a little longer than a week but not almost a month during my first purchase. Since it’s my second purchase with them, I expected a shorter timeframe, at least one to less than a couple of weeks the most. Still, that did not happen. 

The item was shipped last January 27 and I have been closely monitoring my tracking number viewable through LBC’s website (the courier company). I noticed after three days that the item’s status isn’t changing as if it was stuck with LBC for three days already. So, I decided to call their toll free number. I was advised that they will check it further and to expect a call within the day. And so I did, I got a phone call from LBC to let me know that they’re all booked up thus unable to accommodate the item any longer so they returned it back to Lazada. I mean what the fudge? No one notified me hadn’t I called LBC. Take note, the item is supposed to arrive not later than the first of February and it’s already the 30th of January when I called. This is what I’m talking about when I said that their ETA is unrealistic. I sent an email to Lazada. Someone emailed me back from Lazada from obviously a template. My order was on hiatus for five days.

February 4, 2016 - Oh well, Lazada sent me an email to let me know that I have a new tracking number. In short, they cannot push LBC to ship my order so they turned to Air21. Ok, I was at least glad it’s moving and not stuck in their warehouse. This time around I was given another ETA which was on or before 7 Feb - 9 Feb, 2016. 

I kept tracking my order online because I wasn’t happy with how slow the turn of events were. I called Air21 to see how come it’s over 48 hours and I still cannot track my package (this is how worried I’ve become). I was told that sometimes it’s not encoded or updated on time but not to worry because even if the tracking number isn't updated real time online the shipment goes on and won't be affected rest assured. I was fine with that, at least my item is already in transit somewhere. 

February 8 - another update as per AIR21’s website:  02/08/2016 17:57 Shipment arrived at the Air21 station on 02/08/2016 17:57. 

It only means that my order is already in town. OMG. I’m so happy. I called AIR21 (their local office) to check when will it be delivered to my house. I was assured February 9 (since the item arrived at their warehouse on a holiday - Feb. 8 Chinese New Year), next day supposedly. My happiness was short-lived though because nothing came. 

My sister called AIR21 yesterday, we learned that my order was left behind for (supposedly) yesterday’s delivery. I was like, seriously?? I was pissed off because I have been waiting for that darn package for almost three weeks already! I sent AIR21 an email complaint (no matter how I hate ranting) to let them know I have been waiting for that package for three weeks and that it’s really urgent. I got an email response after a while to let me know someone will get back to me regarding my complaint. 

Alas, around 6:30PM last night our door bell rang, it was the package indeed! I was happy that it finally came and I appreciate the fact that AIR21 still delivered it even if it was already late and I was already told that it will be shipped the next day (which is today supposedly). I appreciate the effort really except that the item's been sitting in their office for two days. Nevertheless, I have forgiven them, I got my package anyways. I’m that easy to please really even if it was still a day behind schedule. Lazada said February 9, I received it yesterday February 10. If Lazada is a shooter out in a battlefield for instance, he'll be dead by now for constantly failing to hit the target.

I’m happy with my order, I'm just wasn’t happy with the way it was dealt. I can now conclude that I’m done, I asked Lazada to delete my account to save me from all the hassles shopping with them. Unfortunately, they don't have any capability yet to delete customers account. They suggested instead to opt out from all email alerts instead geez. 

With all fairness to Lazada, all the items I got from them were of excellent quality. I was just not impressed with their customer service. I understand that once the item is shipped, the full responsibility is already in the hands of the courier company. What I just did not appreciate is the fact that every time problem arises, the way to resolution is always customer triggered-- you have to follow it up yourself because Lazada’s supposedly useful tracking tool isn’t reliable and the ever unrealistic timeframe they set for purchases outside Manila. I have been shopping online for almost a decade and I thought Lazada would revolutionize online shopping experience but they didn't. They failed short in so many ways. I understand the long timeframe if I shop through eBay because it’s an international purchase, but for a local purchase? Three weeks or more isn’t impressive. I still consider myself lucky though because I’ve read from other online shoppers out there that some of them waited three months before their package arrived. 

Shopping online is supposedly easy because you don’t have to drive off to shopping centres, endure the traffic and all. I just don’t understand why does it have to be this difficult. Is that so hard nowadays to experience seamless online shopping? I hope someday online shopping would be done in three easy ways: click, shop, sit back and relax. No customer initiated actions, nothing like that, and delivery schedule is adhered to accordingly. In any case delivery problem arises, the customer deserves to know. Online shops should first and foremost value their customer’s time above all. They shop online because they’re busy thus do not have the time in the world to go to shopping centres or their work schedule may not be enough to squish in everything. 

So, to you Lazada, bugger off. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment