I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Mailer Demon

Gmail gave me a headache after I accidentally created a new gmail address which attached itself to my blogger account. It took me about a couple of days figuring out how to revert it back to my yahoo email which was anyways the original email addy associated with my blogger account. I tried the steps I found from forums and google but none of them helped. They said, I should go to account settings and delete the email addy which I want taken off and that should do it. No help neither because all I was trying to do is detach the primary email (I mistakenly created) from my blogger account since I’m using my Yahoo email to login to blogger so I don’t need a freakin’ new email add. Are you as confused as I am now?

Ok, I just figured minutes ago that, all I need to do is to login to my gmail email using the account I want deleted. Once logged in, go to  My Account > Delete your account or services (lower left hand portion inside the My Account screen) > Delete products > Gmail (you have 3 choices: Google+ ,YouTube & Gmail). Google will ask you how would you like to login to your account (I chose to login using my  default Yahoo mail account) And that should take care of it. 


I guess this is something new with Blogger, they will insist for you  to use a Gmail address now to login to Blogger because Blogger.com is now owned by google as well which wasn’t the case before when I created my Blogger account many years ago.  



0 comments:

Post a Comment