I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, February 12, 2016

Hemp Gadget Pouch

My diy 5x4 burlap gadget pouch :)
I got so busy last night making my first gadget pouch bag out of my favourite craft materials: burlap, decorative buttons & jute twines. I hand sewn it since I do not have any electric sewing machine as of yet and even if I do I don’t know how to use one lol. 

My mom owns a manual sewing machine which she bought for her sewing hobby many years ago (she practically sew all of our curtains) sitting around the house, however, I converted it into my Dad’s desk. My mom taught me how to use it when I was so much younger but I did not absorb much of what she taught me probably because I know how to sew using my hands so learning how to use a manual sewing machine did not appeal to me that much. Going back, I thought of creating my very own pouch because I want it to perfectly fit my recently bought external hard drive. I will be calling it my hemp gadget pouch

I think he's a happy camper :D
I hand sewn a small handkerchief to cushion the insides (or any cloth will do) and at the same time to make it easier for me to sew the burlap together. Burlap isn’t easy to sew by the way because of the gaps and it frays easily so you have to use any cloth to sort of hold it together. I iron pressed the finished product afterwards so the little burlap threads won’t protrude. I usually polish the burlap by letting fire from a candle lick it just to rim the edges pretty much. Be careful when you do this as you don't want your project to cause fire (it's optional anyways). I'm just a little disturbed by the protruding threads that's why. 

So here it is! I’m looking to put up my very own craft store someday and maybe I’m gonna try out a few ones for sale one of these days teehee. This burlap pouch is 5 inches long and 4 inches wide by the way. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment