I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Oh My Terrarium

my first terrarium..
I got so bored today because I have nothing to do and I'm running out of craft materials. Isn't that flaky? I have been yearning to have a terrarium of my own so I decided to use whatever materials I could find inside our house to further my terrarium project. If you might be wondering what a terrarium is, it's as simple as putting your plants inside an aquarium complete with accessories of your choice. Since I do not have the complete materials for my terrarium, I pretty much just suit myself with whatever I was able to rummage around.

To make a terrarium, you should have those little stones, soil, charcoal and the rest can be your choice of decoration which can be miniature plastic toys etc. For me, I used those gravel included in one of our plastic plant vases, those charcoal we use for grilling then crushed it, soil (which came handy when I bought my rose cactus) and last but not least a medium sized fish bowl. We don't have fishes at home by the way so no fish was harm in the process lol. If you may be wondering where I got the fish bowl from, we use them to store office supplies such as paper clips etc. They also serve as picture frames or should I say 'picture bowls' for that 'beach house' feel. Indoor plants are good for your room or house because as per my research, a terrarium (particularly) can absorb pollution from smoke, chloroform, benzene and many other pollutants that can lead to sickness. In short, they help improve health and well-being. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment