I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Thursday, April 5, 2018

April Breeze


photo from Pinterest
I decided to retire my Revlon foundation which has been my foundation brand for roughly 10 years and see how other (much) cheaper ones would fair. It was not an easy thing to do because trying out other brands might involve waste of products especially if they will not work out for your skin type. I also watched reviews on YouTube before I consider trying out new products to avoid wasting them away. 

💋Quick FX No Shine Mattifier (face primer) P99
This  make-up primer is available in Watsons which is very convenient for make-up lovers who do not want to spend too much money on make up products as it only cost P99.00 (10g) for a small sachet whilst their 30g retails for P279.00 which is still a good deal versus a MAC prep and prime of course. 😜 The small sachet though in my opinion doesn’t contain much product and if you will be using it on a daily basis or let’s say in the event it goes out of stock then might as well go for 30 grams. There’s a powdery feel to it once applied which makes applying foundation quite easy peasy since it will glide smoothly. Is it good enough to help your make-up last long? Yes it is but if you have oily skin, it cannot hold up for 24 hours definitely. You still have to use a blotting paper occasionally or dab some face powder.

💋L’Oreal True Match Foundation (P520)
It was on sale few days ago in Watsons (SM Department Store) so I bought it for P399 instead of P520 (original price). The packaging looks fancy plus it has a pump which makes it easy to use. I was originally thinking of buying Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation but I changed my mind last minute after trying out the one my sister is currently using since I found it’s kind of making my make-up look dry probably it’s ‘cuz I did not use any primer. Going back to L’Oreal True Match Foundation, I primed my face first before applying this foundation however, it did not help in making my face look any less dry (probably because it’s matte) and probably a setting spray will ease out the dryness. Anyhow, it turned out pretty good as soon as the foundation has oxidized, it looked a lot more natural compared to full coverage foundations whereas it’s turning cake-y once your face has oiled up unless it was set/baked properly.

💋Maybelline Fashion Brow (P349)
Maybelline Fashion Brow as per the packaging is a nose and brow contouring palette to contour your nose and shape your brows.  I was a little apprehensive to try this at first because I’m either a brow pomade/mascara/pencil kind of person and I haven’t tried a brow product which comes in a palette before so I don’t know how it’ll turn out. The brow wax was my favorite because it glides easily which made it quite effortless to contour my brows. Next was the powder to fill in my brows which was alright although I’m not very thrilled about. And, last but not least, the nose powder (the lightest shade) which I used as final powder after the brow is already contoured and filled in. Maybelline Fashion Brow also comes with a dual ended brush for your convenience although I still prefer the dual ended angled brush and spooly that came with the brow pomade I used to have.

I guess that’s all for now and oh I just recently decided to change my YouTube channel’s header just for kicks and added a few more content (mostly photo montage). I’m also in the process of creating my OBB (opening billboard) for my videos since my sister recently discovered this website called Renderforest which hosts tons of video intro templates for YT, presentations/slide shows etc. Do check out my latest content below. 👇🏼

And, as an end note, welcome Avril!






0 comments:

Post a Comment