I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Wolf

I
don't want to come across as a b*tch, but I can be from time to time, especially if my patience is being tested and my resilience has run out. My level of patience has certain layers to it; I even have buffers, to be honest. However, the moment it runs out, I can also be ruthless. It takes too much to bring out the worst in me. 

I really hate being bombarded by direct messages, especially during my time off from work. It triggers me, more so if it’s coming from a narcissistic person I despise. This is related to my previous post about a colleague at work who loves to pick on me. Just because I am ignoring her doesn’t mean I am passive. I just hate getting stressed out over superficial things that are not worthy of my time. As I always say, the world has bigger problems than mine. However, if it becomes non-stop, I can shift from a sheep to a wolf real quick. People like her are beginning to take a toll on my mental health and trigger my anxiety. I have ample self-control and refuse to take part in nonsensical "battle of the ego" crap. But because she bothered me with triggering messages during my day off, I had to respond in a "bitchy" manner because I've had enough. If she plays the victim, she better be my guest. I’m not going to be nice to her this time.

I try to keep an open mind, especially towards people who dominate the meek and quiet ones. I believe these people behave this way as a response to trauma, likely because they were treated poorly in the past. Instead of breaking the cycle, they perpetuate it. People who are defensive often feel they weren’t good enough or smart enough, hence their high guard and constant defense mechanism. However, any introverted individual whose peace feels invaded would retaliate, especially if their intelligence is being challenged by someone who thinks highly of themselves. That’s a different story altogether, no matter how physically, emotionally and mentally taxing it may be, I’m not going to shrug it off.



0 comments:

Post a Comment