I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Coldplay - Ghost Stories

It's a stormy day and what's perfect on a day like this? Put those records on. 

Before I make my own review on Coldplay's latest album 'Ghost Stories' I've seen quite a few not so rave reviews about it so I still went ahead ang bought my own copy of the album via itunes for $5.99 which I guess would be the same if not cheaper if I bought it from a physical record store.

The album cover is of course very Coldplay with the simple watermark angel wings in the middle of the deep blue ocean. I don't know but I've always felt the melancholy in every Coldplay album. The same vibe is there but you'll definitely feel how they matured as a band sonically if you compare how they sound then and now. The same ocassional sweeping sadness and ambient vibe is still there though. Three tracks off the album I liked: 'Sky Full of Stars,' 'Ink' and 'Oceans.'

'Oceans' being my fave because I can see myself listening to it on a long car ride amidst the white out or maybe outdoors one  winter day with my puffer coat. My imagination has gone over the horizon again. Anyways going back, I just like the vibe of this track no matter how rueful it is lyrically. 

Ghost Stories is a fine album but I think I'd still pick 'Parachutes' over it. But then, like I often suggest, go check it out yourself 'cuz people have different taste. it may not appeal to me like the rest of Coldplay albums but nevertheless i find their every album a classic as years go by when you look back and listen to it again they just never go old. 

By the way, my take on the album is never in any way affected by previous reviews I've read over the worldwide web. What I said on this bloggie is based solely on how I felt about the album. I listened to it without prejudice. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment