I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A little help for a paw family

The last leg of my doggy chores with Yumi ended today with a whopping two thousand bill for tartar removal. I know there's a hole in my pocket but happiness in my heart.
photo courtesy of google images
My sissies and I had to fast her yesterday until today so her last meal was lunchtime and her last liquid consumption was last night at 7pm and that's it no more foodie nor water for her until we took her to the vet this morning.

We drove her to the vet around 10 a.m and she's so weak already due to dehydration and hunger I know so she was behave the whole trip.

It took roughly a couple of hours and we were a bit worried when the vet said since Yumi hasn't had any operation we don't know if she is allergic to sedative or not unlike humans wherein a patch test is required to see if there'll be any allergic reaction.

We were apprehensive to leave her at first but we trust the vet as they are experts and of course they won't allow anything bad to happen to their paw patients. I signed all the waiver and stuff and we left her to the hands of the vet hoping all goes well and thank God it did.

I got a phone call from the vet after lunch to let us know we can pick Yumi up since she's already awake, safe and sound. I was advised that she's only allowed to eat and drink by 10 p.m tonight. How heartbreaking because she's soooo starving but whatever the vet says we have to comply because we have to wait for the anaesthesia's effect to wear off first.

Well, what can I say, I was happy when I saw the outcome. Yumi now has pearly white teeth and better breathe of course although still a li'l groggy.

My next project is our senior dog Fiona and her toenail. I have, i have to save up again!


posted from Bloggeroid

0 comments:

Post a Comment