I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Yey It's summer (sic)

ocean view from the resort at sun down
I am not a beach person. Although, when I was still a kid my family loves the beach. We often go to the beach every summer with the rest of my Dad's office mates and their families to go swimming, B-B-Q on the beach etc.

When I became an adult my fascination with the sea just turned into sight seeing because I started to hate summer and the extreme hot temperature. If you grew up in the south, everyday is like summer. I just couldn't endure the burning heat wave and everything.

I love the cold now and being here up north wherein the hottest temperature could be between 25-28°C seems like a relief to me. I still hate summer though.

Moving on, summer won't be complete without a trip to the beach (just imagine how I squirmed). T'was an office outing thingy and yes it was mandatory or you'd be absent for work. I can't afford to lose my perfect attendance incentive so just imagine how apprehensive I was gadh.

I decked out in my sheer jacket, jeans and shirt because I anticipated that I'd be home before night time and eventually with no intention of swimming at all because I just recovered from a week long colds. I have a weak immune system since I became hypothyroid thus a short shower outdoors may lead to my colds coming back in a snap. We left our meeting place at 10AM via a rented van and headed to Noel's Getaway which took roughly an hour. The trip seemed forever really. It seemed geographically far for some reason.

Alas we got to the place around 11AM past. It was a private resort which seemed like a vacation house on the beach. The resort is facing the ocean so the view is breathtaking. There's one kiddie pool about 4ft deep and a second pool about 6ft. The house is big with one bedroom, an open attic room, 1 bathroom, outdoor kitchen, one shower room by the pool, 2 living areas, a dining area and an old radio. If you may ask what's not available, no aircon, no TV, no other amenities except a full sized fridge. No for finicky vacationers because it's nothing fancy, just for a typical friends or family summer getaway.

I was the odd one out because I was the only one who did not even dared dip on the pool lol. Well, better safe than get sicko again right? I hate getting sick and summer makes me sick.

It's also best to bring your own vehicle because we almost head past the resort as it is along the road and there's no visible signage and last but not the least, bring everything that you need such as water containers, food to grill (yes they have a griller and ready to use LPG and 2 burner stove), kitchen condiments and all ingredients that you need for cooking. There is this wet market which is minutes away that sells tons of sea foods definitely because they're close to the ocean if you want fresh sea foods.

Overall, It was a cheap alternative If you just wanna go for an overnight summer splash. The resort rental just cost Php 6,000.00 if you're staying overnight. Make sure to bring your own kitchen utensils because they only provide kitchen wares such as few plates, spoon and fork, pitcher.

Noel's Getaway has an unofficial facebook account I think and you can simply google their name if you wish to see more photos online. You can also sms their contact number and may even negotiate for final cost. As usual the more, the merrier or should I say the cheaper he he.

posted from Bloggeroid







0 comments:

Post a Comment