I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Solitary Nook


I spent my days off from work here in the flat because I have been feeling a bit nauseous and tired lately. I just decided to spend my days watching DVDs and getting ample rest. Work is a drag as always and It's been pretty busy in the office lately which I always despised. I have been feeling down and low lately plus my lack of hormones perhaps is making me a little manic depressive. Gadh. I want to get away because being a homebody sometimes makes me sick.


Anyways, to breath some fresh air, I decided to go for a morning jog at the grotto walking distance from our flat to offer a prayer and light candles, along with it to ask for God's aid in battling with my unhappiness with work and all. I am burn out in short. I also thought that jogging might alleviate me from my dizziness and under the weather state. A little exercise is always good for body, mind and soul. So, I prayed to Our Lady of Lourdes and also thanked God for every good things there is asked assistance from them to free me from all the negative energy there is that's been clouding me lately because of my condition. Call it medication and all its side effects.

I saw that the Chapel is all finished It was so beautiful that you could see the trees and view natures beauty from the inside. The Pine tree's hanging branches even made the view more dramatic and serene. I sat for a long time inside the chapel and marvel at its beauty and simplicity. I talked to my departed Mom in silence (two days ago was her 2nd year death anniversary) I asked her how she's been and I hope she's happy. The chapel for a second felt like my solitary nook. My worry is just towards the stormy days, I hope It is able to withstand storms as it's too pretty to be damaged by nature. I am hoping it's not. The Grotto felt so tranquil when there's no one around snapping pictures. I hate it when people make a sacred ground like a tourist spot. I know the Grotto is a tourist destination but I hope people won't forget that a chapel is now housed there, a place to meditate and pray, talk to God in silence. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment