I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Monday, December 7, 2015

Ice Ice Baby

my new workspace at home..
I got my new baby yesterday, my Macbook Air 11. I love that it is so lightweight, perfect for travellers like me. I remember my sister and I's trip to Hong Kong months ago, we carried our laptop so we could upload photos directly online and blog at the same time. It was kinda heavy though that we have to take turns in carrying it. We usually have heavy carry on bags because of our gadgets and of course our make up kits. I am a Windows user but I am good at understanding apple products because I used to have an iPhone which I traded for Samsung because of wifi access issue but that's a whole different story which you can scour my blog for if you want to know why. 

Going back, this is the first time I will be using a Macbook in my lifetime although it's not new to me since all apple products are pretty much the same interface wise. I can say that it's also pretty straightforward as well, not as difficult to navigate compared to Windows 8 or 10. Apple is so excellent packaging wise as usual. I love the box, free stickers as usual and the two different types of charger, one 3 pin and one regular 2 pin. Macbook Air 11 is also very basic, yet absolutely sleek--no memory card reader and couple of USB ports but what the heck I will just be using it for work anyways. I'm also glad that my six year old Canon Pixma 1800 series worked with my Macbook after I downloaded the installer/driver from Apple's website which I never thought still would since I had a hard time finding a cartridge for it after my printer ran out of ink. I thought Canon is already trying to phase out my printer's model because there's tons of them already out. Some of them already have scanner and photocopier capability. I was only able to purchase one from Canon of course. I was so excited for my new baby that I already purchased a purple case for it with free keyboard and dust plugs. I bought one from an online seller I follow on Instagram. That's what I love about Macbook, they have rubber keyboards which you can just place on top of the original ones to prevent them from smearing due to frequent use whilst other laptops don't.

Moving on, took Brandon the german shepherd to the vet today to have his vaccines updated. We thought, right now is the perfect time since he's already fully recovered from his liver and kidney infection. We asked for the 5in1 shot with anti-rabies and deworming tablets (3 tablets for him because the number of tablets vary depending on the dog's weight). He's not allowed to take a bath for a week and we can only administer his deworming tabs after five days. Brandon's next visit to the vet would be in a couple of weeks time for his anti-pneumonia booster. Better safe than sorry, we promised to take extra good care of him because he's old and we love him.




0 comments:

Post a Comment