I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, October 14, 2016

Lost Stars

It's 71 days to go before Christmas, time flies like time warp.  I'm just glad my Christmas tree is complete with string lights and all. The month of October is a go signal to take out the Christmas tree..then, time will fly afterwards--Halloween, All Saints & Souls Day then Christmas. Seeing the Christmas tree sparkle like little colored stars brings this inexplicable joy to my heart. I guess it's cuz the yuletide season reminds me so much of my childhood, the incessant happiness that the Christmas season bring to kids can be truly memorable, very immaterial and not worldly.  It's getting cold again, the yuletide spirit seems to be taking its form through the lonely clouds and fog.

Moving on, I'm not even halfway reading Lang Leav's book because work is getting in the way and sleep is such a luxury when you work graveyard shift. I feel like I'm hoarding its pages, trying to digest every word so I won't finish reading it soon. When you have such good read, you take extra time to read it and not squish it in like it's some job you have to finish. A book requires your time, your undivided attention. A cup of ice cream and a good book is haven for me these days, enough sleep would be next, it sets me free because my horizons flail after reading a book. 


(Lost Stars is playing in the background by Keira Knightley). 



0 comments:

Post a Comment