I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Thursday, October 13, 2016

In the Mood for Swatches

I’m currently on the hunt for really good matte lippies so I bought a couple of new ones, sport them and now here’s what I have to say about them. 

Let me start with L.A. Girl’s Matte flat finish pigment gloss in Dreamy

Dreamy... 
What’s good about it? L.A Girl’s matte lipstick last long (and I mean hours) does not crack nor flake and it does not come off pretty easily even if you drink something.  However, because it’s so long wearing, it’s really difficult to take off so go easy on the applicator and don’t apply too much as it can get really sticky/gunky on your lips and you may not like it. Personally, I’m kind of neutral about it because I really love nude shades and Dreamy is by far the ‘nudest’ shade L.A. Girl matte flat finish pigment has to offer. I would suggest to exfoliate your lips first before you apply it to give it a clean, smooth matte finish. Is the price reasonable? Yes it is because it cost less than P300, but it may not be as competitive quality wise compared to other liquid matte lippies such as Matte Me, Kiss Proof, Nyx etc.  By the way, I often use my Nyx Lip Cream in Cairo (which I wasn’t able to use before due to it’s overly nude shade) first before I apply this L.A. Girl matte to sort of lessen the sticky feel.

Maybelline's ColorSensational Creamy Matte Lip Color in Clay Crush


Rumor has it Maybelline’s Clay Crush is a good dupe for Kylie Lip Kit in Dirty Dupe. However, I cannot really confirm that because I haven’t tried any KLK lippie yet since I find it really pricey (although I am stoked with KLK’s Maliboo and might consider purchasing one in the future). I know there’s tons of fake KLKs in the market nowadays (even on eBay) but, I will never patronize them and compromise quality over price just to be at par with everyone else. Anyways, going back to Clay Crush, it smells effin good and the quality is also excellent because it does not flake, dry or crease easily since it obviously has moisturizer. I seriously love it because your lips would look luscious on it. However, it may not be as long wearing compared to liquid matte lippies (because it’s a stick not a liquid lipstick btw) but what the heck it’s a good alternative if you just want to wear something matte. And oh it’s cheap too for P199 a piece (it’s now on sale! original price was P299). 

So, to wrap this us up, you may consider reading reviews first before you make your purchase to probably save you time and money then end up a hoarder like I used to myself lol.


0 comments:

Post a Comment