I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Calm After The Storm

super typhoon Lawin
Hello y’all, I hope everyone’s safe after the wrath of the recently concluded typhoon Lawin. It was by far the second strongest typhoon that hit the country in my lifetime (the first one was tropical cyclone Ondoy back in 2009). People were all worried sick of course because strong typhoons can be life threatening especially if you live in mountainous regions which are very much prone to landslides and other typhoon related catastrophes. I’ve grown accustomed to strong typhoons because the country is so typhoon stricken since I was still a kid but the dangers brought about by this calamity grew stronger and much more devastating over the years. 

I missed the electricity so I made some 
milk shake the next day to celebrate lol. 
My dragon fruit, papaya, apple 
Selecta ice cream Quezo Real milk shake.



Last Wednesday, I just learned that typhoon Lawin has entered PAR (Philippine Area of Responsibility) and started lashing in Cagayan at signal number 4 then progressed to number 5. I was shocked that signal number 4 even exist what more signal number 5 wtf?! So, I thought, is this really a natural calamity or triggered by a force of some sort (as in HAARP)? When I left for work the wind was not that strong yet but as I was about to go home after my shift, wow it was a deluge. Everyone in the office were highly advised to ‘not’ go home for the time being whilst the typhoon is lashing outside but I left along with couple of my workmates anyways because I can’t sleep in the confides of the office and my house is just a taxi ride away. Truth of the matter is, I think of the office as a place to work and not to sleep unless I really do not have a choice, it’s just a strange feeling to not be home especially when there’s a typhoon and I know my cat would be very scared to sleep alone as animals can get pretty scared when nature releases all its wrath through storms.

I honestly would rather stay
home during stormy days and 
crochet. Yeah it can be boring
but I made a pair of headphone 
ear muffs out of it... 
The power lines were already shut off hours before typhoon Lawin, it wasn’t knocked down though but they were purposely shut off to prevent furthermore damage I presume. Oh, it was really scary hearing the strong winds outside and my room sees the world from my window. As expected, no electricity, no internet connection, my supposedly radar to the outside world. The power went back couple of days ago but my internet connection did not resurge until early this evening. I just hate it every time my DSL internet quit working because mobile data access can be really crappy. 

Anyways, moving on, I thank God for the sunny weather and stream of blue skies these past days since the typhoon left. I can now take my clothes to dry outside. I hate stormy days, I hate wet seasons because everything is damp, the road, the leaves of the trees etc. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment