I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Upcycle

Mjute twines and burlap  arrived  few days ago and they kept me busy for days. I recast my message board again because I wasn’t happy with how the chalkboard paper sagged since I did not use any adhesive to hold it together with my recycled wood board. I now hang it vertically instead of horizontal because there’s this sort of balance looking at it that way and the rest of the materials were the same. 

It was more of an upcycle actually because I feel like the quality is better now compared to the previous one I made. I added some real clothespin and printed out labels I found online, the worldwide world is where I often orbit.

Let me also share that our internet service is finally installed thank God! So far so good, I’m feeling like Marvin the Martian, celestial with better access to the world because of our new DSL service yey! Cheers to that.

My next project is my sissy and I’s bedroom lamp. I’m planning to turn it into a nautical decor, a DIY hemp/jute string pendant lamp. They sell it for a really hefty price at the mall yet it's so easy peasy to make. I guess majority of the cost goes to labor plus the materials, you have to go to places where they specially sell them. Anything eco-friendly is supposedly cheap but they’re not actually such as those bags made from jute sack, wood products etc. they’re quite pricey really. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment